Page 1 of 3
Sorry about the rant, but I have to get this out of my system. I was driving earlier around midnight when I got off of work. I get pulled over by a cop for going, as I believe he said, 5 miles over the speed limit. Kind of ridiculous, since it was late at night and there were very few cars out on the interstate. And a different cop car just happened to blaze by me without his blue lights on. But fine, the law is the law.

So then the guy asked me by asking where I was come from, and why I was there, in a very accusing manner. So just because I drive 5 miles over the speed limit and relatively young(22), I am automatically assumed to be a constant lawbreaker.

There is too much of a grey area in the punishment for traffic law violations. What may hold true for one individual is different for another. The probably of, say, a black male getting a speeding ticket is far greater than an attractive female college student. I have known plenty of females who have violated traffics laws in a much more serious manner than I have, including being breathalyzed and exceeding the legal limit, and have never gotten a ticket. So in this case, the driver is a "good" person who just happened to make a mistake and should be forgiven. As opposed to a bad person who is also a wreckless driver, one that deserves to pay a penalty.

So of course my question is, should we begin the mass production of Robocops?
I think they were really onto something with that movie.
You probably are a constant lawbreaker.

And alot of people get flashed for going one mile over the speed limit..

You thug
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
if the cop is the power abusing sort of douchebag, then no, i hate them.

if the cop is actually doing his/her job, then i have no issue.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
They're just doing their job of enforcing the law imo. I've gotten into some deep shit because of cops but they've also gotten me out of some deep shit.
Everybody hates the cops when they get a traffic ticket.
Everybody loves the cops when they have a gun to their head.
The latter is much more serious, so I love the cops.

Also, to be fair, you WERE speeding. If you don't like dealing with the police the best option is to not break the law, no matter how dumb you may think it is.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by red157
Nobody likes the police until they need 'em.

Anyways, being pissed off at those with authority over us is our default setting as human-folk.

Next time don't speed you crazed delinquent.

If they give me a ticket fine. But also give one to my super hot friend with nice knockers who was driving well over the speed limit while quite drunk. That is not upholding the law, that is called being a douche
Last edited by patriotplayer90 at Aug 29, 2010,
there's more drunk drivers late at night, so cops tend to be more suspecting of everyone around that time. you're not the only person they're pulling over. they're keeping the roads safer. yeah i get annoyed with them too, but you just gotta remember they're catching plenty of people that need to be caught.
Quote by patriotplayer90
If they give me a ticket fine. But also give one to my super hot friend with nice knockers who was driving well over the speed limit while quite drunk. That is not upholding the law, that is called being a douche

Actually I think it's called natural selection.

While most of us are rotting in jail her nice knockers are being passed on to a future generation.
It's impossible to keep your dick out of your decision making.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by The_Sophist
It's impossible to keep your dick out of your decision making.

Castration was my alternative to Robocops
Yes. I like the cops in my town, they usually let me off with a warning cause they all know me. One time I tried to hug one of them when I was super drunk and out in public. He just gave me the hug and told me to not get into any trouble. Another one let me go when he saw me cremating a spider outside of a church. For the most part, when they're assholes.. it's usually for a good reason. I mean, think about how many pricks they have to deal with on an average day? Of course they're in bad moods sometimes.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Castration was my alternative to Robocops

Or you could just accept that life ain't fair, and move on.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Everybody hates the cops when they get a traffic ticket.
Everybody loves the cops when they have a gun to their head.
The latter is much more serious, so I love the cops.

Also, to be fair, you WERE speeding. If you don't like dealing with the police the best option is to not break the law, no matter how dumb you may think it is.

/thread.

You break the law, and get treated like you broke the law, and the cops are making sure you weren't breaking any other laws, and you feel unfairly treated?
I like a lot of the cops around here, they are pretty fair. I also know quite a few of them personally since my dad has been working with the state patrol for 18 years.

3 of them died in a fire last week
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
in general yes, in my town no, the cops where i live are lazy and let people off on anything. a good freind of mine was raped, there were three witnesses and obvious DNA to back up her claim and they let the freak off because there wasn't enough evidence... i hate alaska
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
I got an incorrect use of seatbelt ticket in New York last week... because im 20 and I have a new yellow Mitsubishi Eclipse. Its funny because she came up to me in traffic, so I know I didnt do anything, then grilled me for 20 min and made me get out of my car so she can search it. After she couldnt find anything, she said "I'll be nice and let you off with just a seat belt ticket this time, but next time be more careful"... I DIDNT ****ING DO ANYTHING! btw I was wearing it fine till she told me to get out of the car...
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
It pretty much a given that the first thing anyone does when given any amount of power is to abuse that power, not I'm not saying every sinlge cop is a corrupt steal from the evidence locker type of cop, but I'm pretty sure everyone of us have seen a cop do something shitty, whether if only turning on their lights to avoid a light or stop sign only to turn them off after they pass it, its the free reign power that cops are given and then abuse that makes me hate them and immediately generalize all cops the same, however, i'm also the first to say cops are necessary, i would more question the nickel and dime system that they opperate in as a big reason for the overall distrust, speeding ticket quotas that have to be met each month, the lack of day to day acountablity for their actions.

Cops who are actually doing the job because they believe in serving and protecting their community and who have integrity, i have no problem with that cop, however, i have seen too many of the uneducated, was the popular jock in high school trying hard to chase that feeling of superiority and power they had as teens who are really only there to serve and protect their own ego, those are the cops that make people hate and distrust the police.

Martin Lawrence joke of the day - how do you find a dishonest police officer? just call 911, doesnt really matter who answers.
No. And that's not because I'm a rebellious teen with a personal grudge against them. It's just a known fact around my area that the Police are generally incompetent. They have harmed and killed innocent people on multiple occasions, lied to the press, and let the real criminals get away with murder (literally).

Let me specify that I'm talking strictly about the City Police. In Canada, we also have the RCMP, who are sadly underfunded, but do 100x the job that the regular cops could ever hope to do. They are the only law enforcement officers that I can understand people respecting.
In general, if you got no trouble, you won't get any trouble from them.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by patriotplayer90

Uh, no. That is upholding the law. The only douche here is you. Your hot friend is a dog.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by CoreysMonster
/thread.

You break the law, and get treated like you broke the law, and the cops are making sure you weren't breaking any other laws, and you feel unfairly treated?

What is unfair is that I don't have nice knockers.

You must have missed the point.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Uh, no. That is upholding the law. The only douche here is you. Your hot friend is a dog.

?

Was that an attempt to be funny?
If so, don't try that again.
I haven't met alot of police but from the ones i've spoken to they seem cool. It obviously isn't the case for all of them.
Quote by patriotplayer90
?

Maybe some people like his/her jokes. That really isn't fair to them, don't you think?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by patriotplayer90
What is unfair is that I don't have nice knockers.

You must have missed the point.

that's not just the problem with cops; it's the same with

bartenders
taxi drivers
store clerks
theme park admission salesmen
barbers
computer repairmen
plumbers
contractors
unemployment officers

the list goes on. The world is your teacup as long as you're pretty.

Thank god nice knockers turn into saggy bags of flesh and leave the idiots who sailed through life based on them stranded without a single marketable skill once they pass the age of 37.
Butthurt, butthurt everywhere.

I've had mostly pleasant experiences. Sure there's the corrupt ones but also the opposite of that. You can't make any wide generalisation about cops any more than you can make a wide generalisation about any group.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by patriotplayer90
?

That was not meant to be funny. It's the truth.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If you have to deal with negativity all day like police usually do, you tend to become negative yourself. One reason for a high divorce rate amoung law enforcement.

Late at night you have a higher chance of being pulled over for more minor infractions. It helps get more drunks off the road. If you aren't intoxicated or a complete asshat you'll usually be let off with a warning.

One thing to remember. If you are pulled over, sit in the car with both hands visable on the top of the wheel or dash for the passenger. Don't even roll the window down until told to. This makes the officer less nervous when he aproaches you. NEVER just get out of the car after he pulls you over unless the officer tells you to.

At 4am I was pulled over and asked via loudspeaker to get out of the car, move to the rear, lift my shirt up and turn around in a 360, then place my hands on the trunk. Once the officer came up to me and knew I wasn't intoxicated or an ass, everything was cool and they let me go with a warning on speeding.
I like Police, mostly.

I hate community support officers.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Yes. I like the cops in my town, they usually let me off with a warning cause they all know me. One time I tried to hug one of them when I was super drunk and out in public. He just gave me the hug and told me to not get into any trouble. Another one let me go when he saw me cremating a spider outside of a church. For the most part, when they're assholes.. it's usually for a good reason. I mean, think about how many pricks they have to deal with on an average day? Of course they're in bad moods sometimes.

This.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Don't dislike them, but they could do their jobs better. My house was the target of an arson attack, the police turned up as the guy who did it was literally walking out the door, but they didn't stop him due to procedural priorities or some crap like that.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Another one let me go when he saw me cremating a spider outside of a church.

I hope it was definitely already dead. :\
XIAOXI
Depends on the cop. Many are power abusing dickheads, but there are plenty who are doing their job well.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Well i can't really make a generalisation on every cop. I have had a few bad experiences with cops though. Though i've never been arrested, my friend did after HE was assaulted, because he was still in shock and obviously pretty pissed off, so he snapped at them and they arrested him for 'resisting arrest'...funny since he let them slap the cuffs right on him with out any restraint.
I really don't have a problem with cops at all. Most of them are just doing their jobs (although there are the ones who go off on power trips) Anytime anyone gets pulled over no matter what they will always say "I wasn't doing anything wrong" or "this cop is just making stuff up he must be one of those corrupt cops I always hear about" However if you look at it from the cops view he's just doing his job, TS suck it up if you were driving 5mph over the limit he does have the right to give you a ticket.
Last edited by Thrill-house at Aug 29, 2010,
Page 1 of 3