Page 1 of 6
I write to The Pit at this time because I am bewildered.

Where I live, it's 4:26 am right now. I've just had a long night spent with some of my closest friends, a day that went far beyond what I expected it to. I walked home today with blood dripping down my face.

This all happened probably 20 minutes ago. I could have typed about this sooner, but I had to sit down in shock and try to make sense of things. I was walking home from a friend's apartment all the way across campus. I'm wearing my headphones and spacing out to music, just trying to make it back home to put my mind to rest. Halfway through, a guy walking opposite me, raises his hands. I look up and he tells me he's lost and needs help. I talk him through and he goes on his way, after giving me a high-five.

I continue walking and start planning out my next day. I'm passing the library which is only 5 minutes from where I live when I notice a group of guys maybe 10 steps behind me. To justify what I'm about to see isn't easy, the fact of the matter is: There's been a ton of crimes around campus. Typically, late at night, groups of guys will sexually harass or assault girls, try mugging people, stealing things, terrible things.

I keep this in mind, and I keep walking. I'm instantly uncomfortable and I keep checking behind my shoulder. The 4 guys behind me are black and this is where I can see fault, but I keep looking behind me just in case, every 10 seconds or so.

I've been doing this for about a minute. I'm walking, thinking I'll make it around the corner and be out of their path within seconds. I'm approaching the corner. That's when my head is knocked to the side and I realize that one of the pricks just punched me in the side of the face. The momentum sent him in front of me, and he gave me this horrible malicious look. Laughing at his own violence.

I'm not proud. I looked at him. Quickly behind me at the others and bolted. There were 4 of them, and it was the logical thing to do. That, or get possibly knifed and have my ipod and headphones stolen.

I ran ****ing fast. I heard laughter behind me and for an infinite period of time I felt like they were on my heels the whole time. The panic made me sprint that much more. I came back to my house, winding through side streets and I go to the mirror. I get my hands wet and wash the head cut in cold water, scrubbing the dried blood from my cheek, neck, and shirt.

I'm not in much pain. I'm not even totally embarrassed that I ran off rather than throw a punch first. I'm disgusted in people, and how that guy and his friends honestly believe that lashing out at someone is justifiable. Whether or not they thought I was racist by being nervous and looking over my shoulder is an issue I don't even care about. You don't attack people, not unless they've attacked you first.

I'm disgusted and I've ranted enough. Now I'm curious, does my story at all challenge your understanding of people? Maybe mob mentality violence? Racism? Tell me something, Pit.
I've lost my faith in humanity. That's why I'm gonna buy a Taser and learn some martial arts.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
You did the right thing, trying to fight 4 guys hasn't really helped anyone that didn't have some form of amazing fighting skills in real life. It doesn't really challenge my understanding, some people are just plain retarded hooligans.. Got enough of 'em around here, and I reckon they're everywhere.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by georgeAM77
The 4 guys behind me are black and this is where I can see fault,

Quote by georgeAM77
Racism?

Yeah, you are racist and because of that I don't feel bad about you getting punched in the side of the head.
I hear ya man.. the world can be a terrible place.. but sooner or later people like that get what is coming to them. Pricks.

Hope you're alright.
I was beaten up about a year ago by four guys who assumed I had broken into their car after seeing me walk past their house, and now have a deep scar on my face because of it. I have dealt with it, like any sensible person would, by thinking of a brutally sarcastic rant explaining exactly why that was a stupid thing to think and repeating it to myself in front of the mirror every time I remember it.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
What has the lost guy got to do with it all?

This.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Yeah, you are racist and because of that I don't feel bad about you getting punched in the side of the head.

lol.

I've had friends that became racists because they got attacked for no apparent reason. So shut the **** up.

TS, no need to be embarrassed! They're just pricks, whether they're black or not.

Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
What has the lost guy got to do with it all?

Could have been a "scout" or something
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Last edited by Axeaman at Aug 29, 2010,
That's why you should carry a knife and then they'll be afraid that you'll knife them. Happened to me once but that guy just ran off. I was like ''wtf is wrong with you?''. I mean he could beat me to death if he wanted to but he just punched me and just ran off. Isn't that freaking crazy?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
last night my friends motorbike ran out of fuel so he had to push it home, after about half an hour of pushing a car pulled up beside him two guys get out of the car, one of them hits my mate over the head with nun chucks, my mate fell to the ground then the guys pick up his bike chuck it to the middle of the road and then come back and steal my mates wallet and phone.
People like that obviously have really ****ed up lives so i think the best thing to do is just run because sometimes people want you to fight back thats part of the game to them
There is no way you should feel bad. In my experience of martial arts, running away should always be first priority in a fight. Only when you can't get away do you retaliate. Would you rather have fought back and have a knife in your ribcage?
Quote by CaptainRon
He helps someone out and is then jumped by four other guys for no reason?

Sounds like Karma: you showed the guy the wrong way, didn't you? ***hole
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kozlic
That's why you should carry a knife...

And get arrested by the police here in Finland if they see you with that kind of weapon . However, I don't find it embarrassing to be a racist. There's nothing wrong to be different from those who accept everyone. Besides if those who accept everyone call you a racist and don't speak to you, then they don't accept everyone and fail in their thinking
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

So instead of going to the police you tell the pit first.
------------------
Quote by Mky
So instead of going to the police you tell the pit first.

Quoted for truth

Edit: 3 finns posted after eachother, oh yeahh
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by Sakke
And get arrested by the police here in Finland if they see you with that kind of weapon . However, I don't find it embarrassing to be a racist. There's nothing wrong to be different from those who accept everyone. Besides if those who accept everyone call you a racist and don't speak to you, then they don't accept everyone and fail in their thinking

What about the people who think having bigoted beliefs is a more reasonable reason to dislike someone than their race? Because that's probably the more common category.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by Axeaman
lol.

I've had friends that became racists because they got attacked for no apparent reason. So shut the **** up.

The racist thing was prior to the attack. Being attacked for no apparent reason does not give you the right to make racist stereotypes anyways, I stand by what I said.

Quote by Axeaman
TS, no need to be embarrassed! They're just pricks, whether they're black or not.

Exactly. I'm just saying TS is a prick too for being a racist so I don't really give a fuck.

Get one.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
The racist thing was prior to the attack. Being attacked for no apparent reason does not give you the right to make racist stereotypes anyways, I stand by what I said.

Exactly. I'm just saying TS is a prick too for being a racist so I don't really give a fuck.

Hey, if the majority of them are assholes, stereotyping just saves time. And in TS's case, a nice gash in the head.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Last edited by Epicbizzjizz at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by whalepudding
What about the people who think having bigoted beliefs is a more reasonable reason to dislike someone than their race? Because that's probably the more common category.

Could be. However, I can't say I'm not racist because I hate the darker skinned people here in Finland who abuse our help for the poor and homeless. Well, I also hate any other "race" who do that, the country doesn't matter.. Besides, if they come here for work and are running from war, why do they leave their families behind?? And why do they just rest on their wheels and rob people when they get a chance? Besides, bringing immigrants to a country that has enough jobless people already does not make sense...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Aug 29, 2010,
Wow.

I've never had the misfortune of being jumped by multiple people. I'm glad you're okay, but you should report that shit.
Quote by Sakke
Could be. However, I can't say I'm not racist because I hate the darker skinned people here in Finland who abuse our help for the poor and homeless. Besides, if they come here for work and are running from war, why do they leave their families behind??

Plus, they say WE are racist when they're being assholes to us. After all this is our country.

I can't say that Finland is a very safe land, but it used to be before. Well, yeah loads of drunkards but they ain't really dangerous.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

Get one.

Terrible advice.

Quote by Sakke
Could be. However, I can't say I'm not racist because I hate the darker skinned people here in Finland who abuse our help for the poor and homeless. Besides, if they come here for work and are running from war, why do they leave their families behind??

I thought Finland was #1 for education? Apparently you seemed to miss out on some of it.
Running seems like the best thing to do. Even if you could possibly beat them, chances are that some of them had a knife or worse, so I think you did the best thing. Some people are just pathetic, I'll never understand how they can just beat up random people. It's sad, really.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

so your saying that because it was dark, he was alone and paranoid, causing him too keep looking back at the guys who were following him, that gives them the right to attack him??
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I thought Finland was #1 for education? Apparently you seemed to miss out on some of it.

You're sad.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Drop the racist argument guys, people are people and everyone is at least a little racially biased whether they like it or not. TS got attacked for no reason and that's the real tragedy at hand: human nature.
I hear nuclear weapons are a good deterrent.

Anyway, don't be embarrassed or anything, you did the right thing. You can't abandon all hope in humanity as long as people like you are around. Now go forth and multiply so people like you will outnumber people like them.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Terrible advice.

Right, because sticking to what he's doing right now is working out pretty great.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Maybe next time offer them some weed and chicken because they're black and that's where you can see their fault, you know. Make peace with them.

Quote by XianXiuHong
Drop the racist argument guys, people are people and everyone is at least a little racially biased whether they like it or not. TS got attacked for no reason and that's the real tragedy at hand: human nature.

No, he still seems pretty racist.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Or maybe y'know, he heard that the people who had been mugging etc were black?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
so your saying that because it was dark, he was alone and paranoid, causing him too keep looking back at the guys who were following him, that gives them the right to attack him??

Did I say it gives them the right to attack him? No. I'm saying I don't give a fuck personally because TS is racist. He should report the incident right away and be a bit more careful about being out at night in an area that is known to be dodgy in the future.

Quote by Axeaman

You're sad.

Indeed I am. I've lost a lot of respect for your country if this attitude is as common as it seems to be ITT.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Terrible advice.

I think it's great advice. Just having the gun doesn't mean you have to shoot them; it's more about having the upper hand in keeping them off. Nobody messes with you if you're packin'.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Right, because sticking to what he's doing right now is working out pretty great.

I know! Instead of using sense and not travelling alone at night in an area that is known to be dodgy and have crimes happen, I'll just carry a gun and shoot people.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe next time offer them some weed and chicken because they're black and that's where you can see their fault, you know. Make peace with them.

I thought when he said "this is where I can see fault" in that he's criticising himself for his own prejudice?
Quote by rgrockr
I think it's great advice. Just having the gun doesn't mean you have to shoot them; it's more about having the upper hand in keeping them off. Nobody messes with you if you're packin'.

Except for the group of criminals who are packin' and aren't afraid to shoot if they feel threatened? Because TS is the only one who would own a gun, right?
Quote by Kensai

So you're telling me that if you're walking at night and 4 black guys start following you closely you won't look back on your shoulders and fasten up your pace?

Bunch of hypocrites in this thread.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Aug 29, 2010,