hey guys

I'm looking for a pedal tuner as i increasingly often find myself, wanting to tune to other tunings quickly. i need one which you can select your tuning, and it can't be over £60.

Cheers.
I've got a PE Waves JPT10 (I think that's the name), it's brilliant. I have no idea how much it goes for though, I bought it used off this forum (well the gear ads one).
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by Zeletros
Why don't you buy a portable on batteries tuner that attaches to your neck.

take cable out of pedals
put cable in tuner
tune up
take cable out of tuner
put cable in pedals

vs.

step on a pedal and tune up

edit: just because TS used the word quickly though, no offence intended.
Quote by Bingt
take cable out of pedals
put cable in tuner
tune up
take cable out of tuner
put cable in pedals

vs.

step on a pedal and tune up

edit: just because TS used the word quickly though, no offence intended.

Wow. You probably know a lot about tuners.

You turn it on and it shows notes by vibration, you just press 1 button to turn it on. There's a reason why they work on acoustic instruments.

Duh.
Quote by Zeletros
Wow. You probably know a lot about tuners.

You turn it on and it shows notes by vibration, you just press 1 button to turn it on. There's a reason why they work on acoustic instruments.

Duh.

They aren't as accurate as a pedal tuner. Plus a pedal tuner is a lot more convenient.
Quote by littlephil
They aren't as accurate as a pedal tuner. Plus a pedal tuner is a lot more convenient.

They can work based on sounds as well. And why don't you just recommend him using his ear, 100 years ago that would've been more convenient.
Quote by Zeletros
And why don't you just recommend him using his ear, 100 years ago that would've been more convenient.

It wouldn't have been more convenient 100 years ago, there were no tuners available then. And why would I recommend he use his ear if he is asking for a tuner? If he wanted to tune by ear he wouldn't be asking for a tuner, would he?

A clip on tuner is less accurate and far less convenient than hitting a single pedal and tuning, rather than having to clip on a tuner and mess around with it in your hands.

He asked specifically for a pedal tuner. Not a clip on tuner. Your suggestions are pointless.
Thread name= "tuner selection".

I'd prefer a small easy optimal and very cheap variant. He probably didn't even know there are any other tuners, except for pedal ones. For 60 pounds you could buy 6 of those.
Just get a used Boss TU2. Can't really go wrong there. I got my Digitech Hardwire around the same price used, $50. That's way under your budget. I recommend the Hardwire over the Boss, but they'll both do their job.

You can't really go wrong with a pedal tuner, as long as you stay away from the really cheap ones. Anything Boss and up will be fine.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Zeletros
Thread name= "tuner selection".

Very first sentence of TS's post = "I'm looking for a pedal tuner"

Quote by Zeletros
I'd prefer a small easy optimal and very cheap variant. He probably didn't even know there are any other tuners, except for pedal ones. For 60 pounds you could buy 6 of those.

You'd prefer that, would you? Ever consider that maybe what YOU want isn't what everyone else wants? Maybe you could buy 6 of them for the same price, but I know I'd rather spend that on one durable, accurate, practical solution rather than 6 that are OK, but not really whats needed. Quality > Quantity.

TS, there are a few good suggestions here, a Boss TU-2 or TU-3, Digitech Hardwire tuner or a TC Polytune would all suit you just fine.
Last edited by littlephil at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by Offworld92
Just get a used Boss TU2. Can't really go wrong there. I got my Digitech Hardwire around the same price used, $50. That's way under your budget. I recommend the Hardwire over the Boss, but they'll both do their job.

You can't really go wrong with a pedal tuner, as long as you stay away from the really cheap ones. Anything Boss and up will be fine.

Yeah, get a boss or digitech pedal on ebay.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I like how this thread turned into one big pissing contest. This is the feckin Internet, simmer down and cut the shit.

TS, I'd personally keep an eye out on Craigslist or something similAr for a used BOSS pedal tuner or something similar. A pedal tuner is a pedal tuner. Unless it is incapable of correctly being a pedal that can tube your guitar, I'd say any one in particular is good.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
I like how this thread turned into one big pissing contest. This is the feckin Internet, simmer down and cut the shit.

+1

In response to your post:

GFT-90

Srsly...

http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Electronics-Digital-Tuner-single-Footpedal-Space-SUPER-BRIGHT_p_1084.html

Great for the price.

and only cost 25 gbp! Don't be fooled by the price.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
^ Cereal. Simple, easy solution. I dig it.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
^ Cereal. Simple, easy solution. I dig it.

It truly is beyond amazing I didn't know about the company until like a month ago.

That pedal I think puts most other high end pedals to shame ;O
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Offworld92

I go with with a Korg Pitchblack if you're in that department. Just slightly more and it is true bypass and +/- 1 cent instead of +/- 3 cents accuracy.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I've been using a Boss TU2 for rehearsals and stage for years - get a second hand one, they are usually pretty cheap.

For recording the bassist and I both tune through a Korg DTR1000 rack mount unit (his, not mine).
Quote by Slap-happy
I've been using a Boss TU2 for rehearsals and stage for years - get a second hand one, they are usually pretty cheap.

For recording the bassist and I both tune through a Korg DTR1000 rack mount unit (his, not mine).

The GFT-90 from GFS electronics is just as durable as a TU-2. Is brighter than a TU-2 which helps tremendously in live situations. Also, it's more accurate than the TU-2, all for half the price.

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
How long has the GFT-90 been around as I have only recently heard of it. I got my TU2 sometime in 2004, prior to that I used to use some little hand-held strobe tuner that was as reliable as Paris Hilton in a crack-house. I have pretty good pitch, anyway so never really have had a major issue.

If the GFT-90 is that good I may consider switching. Is it true bypass?
Quote by Slap-happy
How long has the GFT-90 been around as I have only recently heard of it. I got my TU2 sometime in 2004, prior to that I used to use some little hand-held strobe tuner that was as reliable as Paris Hilton in a crack-house. I have pretty good pitch, anyway so never really have had a major issue.

If the GFT-90 is that good I may consider switching. Is it true bypass?

http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Electronics-Digital-Tuner-single-Footpedal-Space-SUPER-BRIGHT_p_1084.html

Has a two outputs, bypass and output, not sure about true bypass though.

Redit: It says on their site that all of their effects pedals have true bypass, not sure if that is for their floor tuner though.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Aug 30, 2010,
Cheers, I'll dig around and see if they are available over here (Australia) - and have a peek into the specs.
Quote by acdclandon
I go with with a Korg Pitchblack if you're in that department. Just slightly more and it is true bypass and +/- 1 cent instead of +/- 3 cents accuracy.

For what it's worth, the Digitech is also true bypass and +/- 1 cent accurate. That's the reason I got it really, that and I got it at a steal price compared to the other ones that were going on ebay.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X