I'm sorry, what?
Quote by silent caution
When i was younger i used to pee in peoples shoes and blame their dog
Quote by Chylyn
I'm sorry, what?

hey, no fear, m'dear friend!

this is me expressing a frustration towards art in general, meditating on completely abandoning it. at the moment, i possibly think it's all non-sense and only complicates life, so this is a protest against that. it happens: i'm trying to be minimalist in my life or something, searching for happiness, art shouldn't be a necessity, look! : people live happily without worrying about such stupid things.

as for the actual piece: it is written in an anti-artistic (i'd rather not call it dadaist, but rather inspired by Tristan Tzara's views) and minimalistic manner, mirrowing the sentiments of the narrator. i sort of used art as a metaphor for love in my last piece, this is tied to that in a way. the title is inspired by the graffiti tags of Jean Michel Basquiat in NYC during the 80s, they were witty/surrealist/abstract/whatever protests against shit no one cared about. it also draws on an idea explored by Joaquin Sabina (spanish singer songwriter) in his song Contigo, it says (badly translated) "(and i will) die if you kill yourself / and i'd kill myself if you die / because when love doesn't die, it kills / because love that kills never dies." which brings us to Shakespear's idea of tragic love, which in turn brings us to Ovid's Metamorphoses, yes! : Pyramus and Thisbe, thus tying us back to classic art, which is wrong because that is the total opposite of what the piece is trying to do.

so to quote García Lorca "There's no way, my son, vomit! There's no way."

but that's too much, i think. so ignore that and just read what you see in the OP. it's fun! (for me too, especially the "hee-hee!" part)

i feel good :]

Quote by bbetances
i murder art everytime i jizz on a woman's face.

srsly, /thread.

SPAM!
Be thou high?
Quote by silent caution
I enjoy the statement, but I find this far too campy without explanation to like it. I was very disappointed when such a title had gone to waste.

again, I think its interesting and all with the explanation, but just reading this as is comes off extremely pretentious and foolish.
To be perfectly honest, Allen, this reminds me of pretentious modern artists who paint a single stripe down the center of the canvas in a sickly orange color and then call it "sunset in a vinegrove with madame blueberry suckling a teet."

I'm probably not the right person to say anything, since I generally think all art that isn't realism is silly... but things like this always make me want to jump up and yell.

Your title was good though.
Quote by Chylyn
Be thou high?

no, i don't really have an excuse for this :x

Quote by Sticky Tissues
I enjoy the statement, but I find this far too campy without explanation to like it. I was very disappointed when such a title had gone to waste.

again, I think its interesting and all with the explanation, but just reading this as is comes off extremely pretentious and foolish.

Quote by ZanasCross
To be perfectly honest, Allen, this reminds me of pretentious modern artists who paint a single stripe down the center of the canvas in a sickly orange color and then call it "sunset in a vinegrove with madame blueberry suckling a teet."

I'm probably not the right person to say anything, since I generally think all art that isn't realism is silly... but things like this always make me want to jump up and yell.

Your title was good though.

well, i should have probably entered this to the One Word Comp thing. it's completely understandable you see this as pretentious. i'm not sure what else i could have done with the title, for if i had written a poem things would become silly i think: murdering art and writing a pretty poem about it? nah, that'll be like writing "Stop Writing" on a piece of paper and hanging it outside a pen store. i think the title alone makes the statement, the rest's just fun. yeah, this was just semi-serious, taking a stab against art, i'm as pretentious as this suggests. but i do believe i'm taking a break from poetry and all of that.
Art is simply the deep end in the pool of communication. So when the expertise needed to understand the art is greater than the expertise needed to create it, the message is lost.
Quote by dylanfromearth
Art is simply the deep end in the pool of communication. So when the expertise needed to understand the art is greater than the expertise needed to create it, the message is lost.

do you think this is hard to understand?
Ha ha ha...what a tease!I dont really know about deep lyrics n great art since I am kinda new to this whole thing but I think that was a powerful n funny statement!Although I too would like to see you develop a song on this topic
Everything is art. It is impossible for anything to be anti-art.

Nice try though.
Quote by silent caution
Hahaha.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching