It's a parody of an 80's metal band in the UK.
From the cast of the Young ones.
Fond memories of me and my bro listening to this while playing Need For Speed 1 on the Sega Saturn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IphVXuGeIBU&feature=related

Edit: worth mentioning that Brian May (Queen) helped write their songs and they played at Donnington (Download Festival).
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Aug 29, 2010,
Rick is on the left and Neal is second from left.
Eddie was from Bottom, which had two of the same actors. Full name = Eddie Hitler.

Eddie played Vyvyan though, and is the 3rd right.
isn't it when someone tells you something you don't want to hear?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
So they are like Steel Panther?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
^
It'd be more accurate to say Steel Panther are like them, given the 15 or 20 years difference.
Quote by bass-man9712
isn't it when someone tells you something you don't want to hear?

I think that's the gag......
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by GaijinFoot
It's a parody of an 80's metal band in the UK.
From the cast of the Young ones.
Fond memories of me and my bro listening to this while playing Need For Speed 1 on the Sega Saturn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IphVXuGeIBU&feature=related

Edit: worth mentioning that Brian May (Queen) helped write their songs and they played at Donnington (Download Festival).

I was there, it was hilarious.
To start with, Adrian Edmondson couldn't get his guitar to work, he asked if anyone in the audience knew anything about guitars, which got a cheer, then Nigel Planer asked if any one knew how to play a guitar, which got a bigger cheer, to which Edmondson replied, "Then you're gonna fu*kin' hate this!" then he smashed up the guitar on stage... before they'd even played a note. Later they did a song called 'Vampire C*ck Suckers From Hell' that was actualy just five seconds of noise.

Bad News actualy started off with a pre-Young Ones series called 'The Comic Strip Presents.. ' who did a spoof fly-on-the-wall rockumentary and the Monsters of Rock performance was featured in a second Comic Strip feature, 'More Bad News'.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I was there, it was hilarious.
To start with, Adrian Edmondson couldn't get his guitar to work, he asked if anyone in the audience knew anything about guitars, which got a cheer, then Nigel Planer asked if any one knew how to play a guitar, which got a bigger cheer, to which Edmondson replied, "Then you're gonna fu*kin' hate this!" then he smashed up the guitar on stage... before they'd even played a note. Later they did a song called 'Vampire C*ck Suckers From Hell' that was actualy just five seconds of noise.

Bad News actualy started off with a pre-Young Ones series called 'The Comic Strip Presents.. ' who did a spoof fly-on-the-wall rockumentary and the Monsters of Rock performance was featured in a second Comic Strip feature, 'More Bad News'.

Haha nice man!
I'm a big fan of Comic Strip Presents...
It's what got me into comedy in a big way. I can say all my wit comes from these shows.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Hate to be a profile *****, but look at my profile pic, it's been the same since I got here.

I should probably change it, at some point...

haha nice man!
It's a shame isn't it? so much comedy to be had yet no one seems to know of these guys.
Yet Steel Panther make a song and get millions of views.
Quote by GaijinFoot
Haha nice man!
I'm a big fan of Comic Strip Presents...
It's what got me into comedy in a big way. I can say all my wit comes from these shows.

Heh, I loved "Five Go Mad On Mescalin", the parody of Enid Blyton's 'Famous Five' and the Blade Runner parody 'Slags'.

But my favourite Comic Strip production had to be 'Eat the Rich'.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Heh, I loved "Five Go Mad On Mescalin", the parody of Enid Blyton's 'Famous Five' and the Blade Runner parody 'Slags'.

But my favourite Comic Strip production had to be 'Eat the Rich'.

What was the one, might not have been Comic Strip. Where it was all based on a street.
Oh, Stella Street? That was ****ed up, I didn't even know what was going on!
Quote by GaijinFoot
haha nice man!
It's a shame isn't it? so much comedy to be had yet no one seems to know of these guys.
Yet Steel Panther make a song and get millions of views.

Back then, there was no internet and their singles still went to number 1 in England...
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe