Would i be able to put a head on one of these and use them as my cabanet or would a larger watt head just blow it out
The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix
what head?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
depends how much watt your head is and how many speakers you have.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
More info. How can you possibly expect us to answer that question? For all we know you may have a 5W amp or you may have 20 speakers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
well i found 2 30 watt speakers i was just wondering if you come put on any low wattage head on it doesn't matter what kind
The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix
i can't find the ohmage but the fabric is fine its about 15 inches in hight and 6 in width
Jimi Hendrix
oh and about 6 inches back
Jimi Hendrix
Pix plz.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
How low a wattage amp? Do you call low wattage 50W, 20W or 1W? Really man, be more specific. A 1W amp can usually manage a very large impedance mismatch, a 20W not so much. 50W not much at all.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i dont have a camrea right now so a pic isnt possible right now and i was thinking a 15 watt head on a 30 watt speaker, the speakers were orginal used on a TV i believe i dont know exaclty how i would set it up because it just has the wires you would hook speakers up with to a stereo or something
Jimi Hendrix
so i should not even consider this just buy a head and a cabanet
Jimi Hendrix
Well you could always build a cab for them for fun I guess. If you wire them in series you should raise the impedance sufficiently to function without exploding things. Esp if you set the amp's output impedance to 8 ohm or less.
Chances are that they will sound like crap though, guitar speakers are a little different to the type of things you will find in a stereo. Run a guitar amp into even hideously expensive hifi speakers and it will sound like rubbish - cheap hifi speakers and it's normally hard to bear. I'd find another use for them, like speakers for the radio in the garage/workshop/shed or wherever it is you go to escape the incessant blathering of the women-folk.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 29, 2010,
okay thanks ill see what i can do with them
Jimi Hendrix