I want to cut some hum from my Mesa rectoverb, im either going to get a boss ns-2 or an isp decimator but my question is will these work with my mesa?
My amp has a parrallel efx loop so idk if i can put it in the loop or not? Can I?
Will it cut any noise ran in front of the amp?
I dont want to buy something and not be able to use it.
Thanks
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
i have a boss ns2 and it works alright. i have yet to try the isp decimator. As for the effect loops thats not where you put your noise gate noise, the gate goes before your amp.
I used to run my ns-2 in my loop and it worked at killing off the hum but that was in a series effects loop, decimators are made for the effects loop also it states in there description on any websight selling them.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Ok i just want to know if it will do me any good using one of these in my parrallel efx loop?
And what they do when placed in front of the amp?
Not where they go not trying to be ignorant but come on people.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
If it's a parallel effects loop, probably not that useful. Quick question - is extra noise still there when your guitar volume is turned all the way down? If yes, then it's the amp being noisy rather than anything in front of it and the noise gate won't help.

T
Quote by slipknot_420
Ok i just want to know if it will do me any good using one of these in my parrallel efx loop?
And what they do when placed in front of the amp?
Not where they go not trying to be ignorant but come on people.

Yes it will help. As to how much, not certain because I've never had amp with a parallel loop. The only difference I'm aware of in a parallel loop is that your signal is split, some for the loop, the rest goes to the poweramp.

Prior to the amp they diminish noise from your signal chain ahead of the amp. So if your signal has junk in it from cables, pedals, hum from ground loops, the guitar itself, they can help reduce it a lot.

You asked about placement in your original post, so people responded to that.
Quote by celticstorm84
Yes it will help. As to how much, not certain because I've never had amp with a parallel loop. The only difference I'm aware of in a parallel loop is that your signal is split, some for the loop, the rest goes to the poweramp.

Prior to the amp they diminish noise from your signal chain ahead of the amp. So if your signal has junk in it from cables, pedals, hum from ground loops, the guitar itself, they can help reduce it a lot.

You asked about placement in your original post, so people responded to that.

I never relized how i worded that lol but anyways wth is a ground loop hum?
Ive heard people talking about ground loop hums have no idea what it is i guess.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I'll take this thread and ask a question of my own...I'm thinking of buying a line 6 floorpod. will this cut out hums and such?

on topic: the ns2 WILL work fine.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
Ground loops are an issue with power. I had a big problem with it because I had a powerstrip that I plugged my computer, amp and pedalboard into. I got lots of noise and high pitched whistling and a noise gate only helped so much. Long story short I picked up a second power strip and plugged the amp/pedal board into a different outlet...problem solved.
Quote by TommyRack
If it's a parallel effects loop, probably not that useful. Quick question - is extra noise still there when your guitar volume is turned all the way down? If yes, then it's the amp being noisy rather than anything in front of it and the noise gate won't help.

T

Yea theres noise with nothing plugged into it at all not unbearably noisy but in a gig situation it would be quite annoying just to add its only noisy in high gain situations the clean channel is pretty quiet, what happens if i put an ns-2 in the loop with the mix at 100% ive heard that it will work as a series loop since id be mixing the wet signal 100% with the dry signal.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Yea theres noise with nothing plugged into it at all not unbearably noisy but in a gig situation it would be quite annoying just to add its only noisy in high gain situations the clean channel is pretty quiet, what happens if i put an ns-2 in the loop with the mix at 100% ive heard that it will work as a series loop since id be mixing the wet signal 100% with the dry signal.

No one knows
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by celticstorm84
Ground loops are an issue with power. I had a big problem with it because I had a powerstrip that I plugged my computer, amp and pedalboard into. I got lots of noise and high pitched whistling and a noise gate only helped so much. Long story short I picked up a second power strip and plugged the amp/pedal board into a different outlet...problem solved.

Yea i was having some issues like that even though i have a power conditioner its a cheap ass one, but i was getting alot of buzzing and humming turned out it was from a dehumidifier running in the basment directly under the room i was playing in, I still get some noise especially at higher volumes though.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I've owned both pedals and the decimator is a better pedal......also it depend on the amp my Stiletto the isp worked better in the loop....my jcm 2000 works better up front.