So i will be buying a a car (truck actually) from a dealer for the first time. Im looking to spend around $5,000 - $10,000 , more than anything im doing it just build credit as i have plans later on. and since i need a good truck and can afford to make payments, i might as well get one from a dealer.
Any tips, suggestions, as to not get ripped off w/ payments or suggetions for a truck etc. or your experience from buying from a dealer for the first time. etc..

thanks
Last edited by I es sleepy at Aug 29, 2010,
If you haven't established credit you'll have a hell of a time getting an interest rate that isn't completely outrageous. Good luck.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Keep in mind if your buying new that you will be paying about 80% more for the truck, than it actually cost to build.

There are much better ways to build your credit than to get dry raped by a car company.

You could buy a used 80's model truck, completely restore it from the ground up, new engine, transmission the whole works, and still come out cheaper, and have a more dependable truck, thats much easier to work on.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Aug 29, 2010,
im pretty sure hes talking about a used truck, which u can still get from a dealer.

all i can say is look around, and know what the bluebook values are of what you are looking at. always seem slightly unsatisfied with the truck and the price because right now they are dying to make sales and they will help with the price. check EVERYTHING. its also a good idea to take it out for a test drive and then bringing it to unbiased mechanic who will be slightly more honest with u than the guy trying to sell it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Last edited by xxunder-takerxx at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by sfaune92
You can get new cars for $10k in US?!

Apparently you can.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Used car dealers are evil conniving bastards. I would feel much more comfortable being from craigslist. And with 10 grand, you can get yourself one hell of a used truck.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I wouldn't buy from a dealer personally. Lose a massive wad of cash the second I drive it off the forecourt? No thanks.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
im pretty sure hes talking about a used truck, which u can still get from a dealer.

all i can say is look around, and know what the bluebook values are of what you are looking at. always seem slightly unsatisfied with the truck and the price because right now they are dying to make sales and they will help with the price. check EVERYTHING. its also a good idea to take it out for a test drive and then bringing it to unbiased mechanic who will be slightly more honest with u than the guy trying to sell it.

^This. Especially the "bring it to your own mechanic" part. Don't let the dealership's mechanic tell you that the car is fine. He gets paid extra to lie to stupid people about the quality of a vehicle. Other than that, just do not tell the salesman that its your first time buying a car.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness