Hi,

I've just posted a video of me improvising on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPgjVq8s_6M

Comments would be appreciated, C4C.

Thanks
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce
Italia Maranello Standard
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
it's pretty cool, i like that style, although it sounds more like hard rock than blues at times, some of the riffs in particular, i.e. there's a riff in there which kind of goes E, Eb, D, Db, that chromatic descending thing reminds me a lot of hard rock and metal, but i dunno it's just a first impression, maybe i'd hear the blues a lot more if i listened to it a couple more times.

would be cool to see a build up in speed too
Quote by voodoochild23
it's pretty cool, i like that style, although it sounds more like hard rock than blues at times, some of the riffs in particular, i.e. there's a riff in there which kind of goes E, Eb, D, Db, that chromatic descending thing reminds me a lot of hard rock and metal, but i dunno it's just a first impression, maybe i'd hear the blues a lot more if i listened to it a couple more times.

would be cool to see a build up in speed too

The backing track that I used was called Heavy Blues, so I just left the title as that.

Let me know if you want to check out any of your clips/vids.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Quote by MarshallStackLP
Its not bad, ill work on those scales, and use your little finger more! Also you need to tighten up a bit... it will come quickly if you practice a lot other than that you have good improvisation skills! but you are also a bit out of tune aswell... and the song was more hard rock that blues:P

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355837

Thanks for the comment.
I know my scales, I guess I just make mistakes like everyone really.
I guess now wouldn't be the time to say I've been playing for 6 years...

And yeah, read my previous comment:
Quote by dwally89
The backing track that I used was called Heavy Blues, so I just left the title as that.

Will have a look at your song now
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Anyone else?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Hey man, think you're the guy who had a cool indie rock song/vid a couple weeks ago, glad to see you're not a one trick pony!
On to the crits. First thing I noticed was the that some of your bends aren't hitting the correct pitches, which makes them sound unpleasant. Also, I would suggest working on your vibrato, too. I like some of the melodic ideas you're using with the improv, I really think those work for you. I'd work on using dynamics and phrasing to build tension and release to your improv.
All in all, it's ok. I'd keep working on it. IMO, when I was going through I big blues/rock phase, I basically watched a f-ton of Stevie Ray Vaughan. I feel like that really helped spur some ideas for my improv, as well as a few Paul Gilbert lessons on youtube as well.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones
Hey man, think you're the guy who had a cool indie rock song/vid a couple weeks ago, glad to see you're not a one trick pony!
On to the crits. First thing I noticed was the that some of your bends aren't hitting the correct pitches, which makes them sound unpleasant. Also, I would suggest working on your vibrato, too. I like some of the melodic ideas you're using with the improv, I really think those work for you. I'd work on using dynamics and phrasing to build tension and release to your improv.
All in all, it's ok. I'd keep working on it. IMO, when I was going through I big blues/rock phase, I basically watched a f-ton of Stevie Ray Vaughan. I feel like that really helped spur some ideas for my improv, as well as a few Paul Gilbert lessons on youtube as well.

Thanks
Yeah, I bought the Robert Johnson collection, but of course he's more the acoustic blues type.
You'd suggest Paul Gilbert for blues? :S
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Hah, well no, not for blues, but I've watched some of his lessons based on improv which were blues/rock based that I think you'd find informative.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by sjones
Hah, well no, not for blues, but I've watched some of his lessons based on improv which were blues/rock based that I think you'd find informative.

Ah ok thanks.
Let me know if you want me to crit any of your videos/clips btw.
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve