Hey everyone,
i'm going to buy me a new amp: The Vox AC 30, but i'm not sure what model of it would be the best? i would like to use it for band practice and performing in local bars/ small festivals and some rock contests.
So i'm looking for a model that would be able to have a cabinet underneath for a price range maximum 850€
Can anyone help?
dont know much about vox's, besides theyre mostly modelling amps, but you could try a peavey vypyr. i got my 60 watt tube one for 500 american dollars, good volume and great tones.
the 2 models you'll see around if you're buying new are the ac30cc series, and the ac30h series

cc is custom classic, h is the heritage edition..take a look on the vox site for more info on them though. we can't tell you which one is better suited to you
Quote by deth medal761
dont know much about vox's, besides theyre mostly modelling amps, but you could try a peavey vypyr. i got my 60 watt tube one for 500 american dollars, good volume and great tones.

Dude, you need to do some research. Vox is one of the classic amp brands, and the AC30 is one of the most revered amps of all time.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
The other guitarist of my band's got a Fender Blues Deville that has 120W, and i thought that maybe a 30W couldn't beat that^^
Quote by Hendrik93
The other guitarist of my band's got a Fender Blues Deville that has 120W, and i thought that maybe a 30W couldn't beat that^^

surely you can get the other guitarist to turn the volume down, or simply put a mic infront of your amp
Quote by deth medal761

most vox's are tube amps, they only do 2 solid state model ranges, the vr which does have an ac30 in the range, and the vt which is the modelling amp which has an ac30 model on it
Last edited by britishsligean at Aug 29, 2010,
Well, i'm probably going for the Ac 30 C2 i think, i don't want to pay 400€ extra for the Alnico Blue speakers in the Ac30C2x and it's probably more practical then the Ac 30 CC head
the alnico blues are a big part of that vox sound.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by deth medal761

Your thinking of the Valvetronix series. The CC2s blow the VTs out of the water. The CCs arent modelling amps. They are full tube.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
A Vox AC30 is probaley going to be my next amp. I love the cleans on those things. Can't beat them, IMO. I would like to find an older Top Boost.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by the1967mustang
A Vox AC30 is probaley going to be my next amp. I love the cleans on those things. Can't beat them, IMO. I would like to find an older Top Boost.

here you go

http://www.gbase.com/gear/vox-ac30-topboost-1964-black
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

Quote by deth medal761

No.

Anyone looking at an AC30 wouldn't even spit in the direction of any Vypyr.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I have an old AC30TB.
It's the alnico blues that are on the shopping list... I'll get there in the end.

Bloody fantastic amps once fired up - and loud. Don't let the 30w rating fool you.
I played a modern one (the CC2 model) at a jam session with a mate about six months ago. He was playing through a 60w Marshall Combo (one of the 90s JCM series, I think) and it kept up far better than I would have ever imagined.
Quote by diceksox1809
Trolling like that gets you banned...

again

OH HUSH YOU i was being serious he said he wants an old top boost so i showed him an old top boost.
roland AC90

Quote by Skagasm
OH HUSH YOU i was being serious he said he wants an old top boost so i showed him an old top boost.

I was just messin with ya
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!