hey guys? I was wondering what you guys do for a quick warm up before a show? When I play, alot of the songs have technical parts and I do not have time to spend an hour getting it together. What you guys do for this problem? I wanna be able to play loose and to the best of my ability during the show.
You should warm up at least 10mins, but start with easier stuff then work to the harder stuff later in the set
practice the stuff that your having trouble with for at least 10-15 mins and then just do a couple scales that you kno of or something
Ima Dude Dressed Like Another Dude Playing As Another Dude
I usually do a lot of licks and scales that include alternate picking for the right hand and for my left i also do scales and would practice the songs im going to play just to rehearse even a bit more oh and play a shit ton of legato stuff were my fingers are flying all over the fret board.
yeah that about does it.
I do block technique formations up and down the neck.

I.E.
1-2-3-4-
--------- 1-2-3-4
--------------------1-2-3-4

etc. etc.
and mix up the pattern, that gets the blood flow in your hands going well and has always worked for me.
Also, Stretching your fingers
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by justreleased09
hey guys? I was wondering what you guys do for a quick warm up before a show? When I play, alot of the songs have technical parts and I do not have time to spend an hour getting it together. What you guys do for this problem? I wanna be able to play loose and to the best of my ability during the show.

A couple of beers usually does the trick.

Other than that, just play what you are going to play during the show, Slash wrote intro to "Sweet Child of Mine" as a warmup exercise.
Quote by justreleased09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XsLRQFV7rY
solves all your problems
There's always time to stretch because you don't need your gear for that. For getting fingers moving I might use any slight opportunity to run through some very quick drills with my volume muted right on stage.

But not too many people I know can play at their best early in a show. I kind of accept that and don't stress about it. (having been thrown in some pretty embarassing situations myself).... Life goes on. Most people can't tell the difference anyway. It sounds OK to them. They don't really know or care that you can play a lot better at your peak.