Poll: Favourite Movie Endings??
Poll Options
View poll results: Favourite Movie Endings??
Happy
9 10%
Sad
14 15%
Happy But Not Too Sappy
31 34%
Sad But Not Too Much
16 18%
Other (?)
21 23%
Voters: 91.
Page 1 of 2
so, what do you prefer? happy endings or sad endings??

i prefer sad ones..although some i find exaggerated...
for example, the ending in The Mist absoutely destroyed me.

so??

tell me if this has been done.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Aug 29, 2010,
Cliffhanger, with no follow-ups
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
The twist endings that just blow your mind away so that you have to spend the next week searching your house for the remains and try to glue it back together.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
For the most part sad endings, but happy is nice too.
Quote by Demon Wolf
The twist endings that just blow your mind away so that you have to spend the next week searching your house for the remains and try to glue it back together.

Also these. Shutter Island did this beautifully.
Realistic

I don't want any bullshit murderer coming to get the main character and then he trips over a rock and twist his ankle, end of story, happy ending.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Endings that fit the story. If it should be sad then don't force a happy ending. The mist had one of the best endings IMO.
Quote by Demon Wolf

actually damn bitch you're right..i could0ve put that on the poll..thank God i put an "other" option
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by bass-man9712
Cliffhanger, with no follow-ups

Oh god how I love those.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Happy ending, I don't want to get blue balls afterwards.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
bittersweet endings, twist endings, and unresolved cliffhangers are all good. How should I vote?
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I loved the ending to The Mist, I kinda felt it coming as I got near the end but didn't want to believe it
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Sad, usually I like at least one of the main characters to have died, like in the Expendables, that ruined it for me
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by actaderock
happy but not too sappy

I prefer kinda open endings where you know what's going to happen, but the ending doesn't tell you.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
I don't really have a preference...

I enjoy bleak (original Dawn of the Dead) and hopeful (The Lives of Others).

And the ending of the Mist was brilliant. Another Stephen King adaption that makes the source material look average.
I was shocked at the end of The Mist, more at the fact they decided to end the movie like that. It didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the movie and felt like a cheap way to leave an impact on you.
Quote by christfudge
I was shocked at the end of The Mist, more at the fact they decided to end the movie like that. It didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the movie and felt like a cheap way to leave an impact on you.

well it sure left an impac..

to the people laughing at happy but not too sappy..yeah very poor choice of words..i meant something like happy but not too..you know..wet. i dont know..
Quote by Krieger91
well it sure left an impac..

to the people laughing at happy but not too sappy..yeah very poor choice of words..i meant something like happy but not too..you know..wet. i dont know..

yeah. i still liked it, will probably watch it agian sometime im just way too overcritical with everything lol..
those mind**** endings like on the Saw movies are my favorite.

From the list, i would say sad but not too much. The Mist ending like TS said is a perfect example
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
depends on the movie. i always wonder about this in the context of clerks.

in the original ending, dante is shot to death at the end. test audiences didn't like it, so they cut the movie at the part where randall leaves the store on a good note.

the movie's hilarious and it's definitely depressing to see dante's lifeless body looking at the camera. but it's funny in a twisted way (when a guy comes in, sees him dead and then takes off with a pack of smokes).

it's also the LOGICAL and FITTING conclusion to the movie. dante's death is foreshadowed so many times it's ridiculous. everything in that movie is connected. dante's motif of "i'm not even supposed to be here today."

the events of the day get more and more outrageous when he wasn't even supposed to be there. it's really existential and depressing.

but, as fitting as it is, i don't know if i'd like it as much if dante did die. that's no way to end one of the funniest movies ever.
#DTWD
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
those mind**** endings like on the Saw movies are my favorite.

From the list, i would say sad but not too much. The Mist ending like TS said is a perfect example

How's that not to sad. SPOILER! The man watched his town get killed, and turn against each other. Then failed to escape, and had to kill everyone close to him personally, including his son. After which he could not kill himself. Then less then a minute later, the military rolls in fixing everything. Meaning if he had waiting another minute, they would have all been saved. He wouldn't have had to kill his family.
Quote by primusfan
depends on the movie. i always wonder about this in the context of clerks.

in the original ending, dante is shot to death at the end. test audiences didn't like it, so they cut the movie at the part where randall leaves the store on a good note.

the movie's hilarious and it's definitely depressing to see dante's lifeless body looking at the camera. but it's funny in a twisted way (when a guy comes in, sees him dead and then takes off with a pack of smokes).

it's also the LOGICAL and FITTING conclusion to the movie. dante's death is foreshadowed so many times it's ridiculous. everything in that movie is connected. dante's motif of "i'm not even supposed to be here today."

the events of the day get more and more outrageous when he wasn't even supposed to be there. it's really existential and depressing.

but, as fitting as it is, i don't know if i'd like it as much if dante did die. that's no way to end one of the funniest movies ever.

i agree with everything you just said. not to mention it spawned the sequel, which was funnier IMO, by not killing him off
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS.

The ending to This Is England was perfect, brings a tear to my eye everytime. I can't stand Shane Meadows for making a ****ing TV series off the back of it. It had better be damn good.
Quote by SWAS
How's that not to sad. SPOILER! The man watched his town get killed, and turn against each other. Then failed to escape, and had to kill everyone close to him personally, including his son. After which he could not kill himself. Then less then a minute later, the military rolls in fixing everything. Meaning if he had waiting another minute, they would have all been saved. He wouldn't have had to kill his family.

it didn't make me cry or anything, which isnt impossible either. Then again that could have been taken as a mind**** ending
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I hate cliffhangers, and endings that don't tie up the loose ends. most particularly when the series is canceled, dropped, the author died, or there is no hope for another installment. bah!
i like mindf*ck endings.

ex. Inception
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by PTJohe
Inception ending, anyone?

YES.

Endings like that are my favorite. The endings of Memento and Se7en are excellent as well
Quote by thedefrockednun
The option "Epic" is missing.

Like LOTR or The Sixth Sense or Inception....?

LotR ended sappy happy, Sixth Sense was a mind****
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I generally just like endings that I can't see coming a mile away. I don't care if they're happy, sad, or in the middle, but I want to be genuinely surprised. A good example would be The Mist's ending:

**SPOILERS AHEAD**I thought he would simply get killed by a monster, since he ran out of bullets, but right as he finished off his kid and he saw the military trucks, I shat bricks. I really didn't see it coming, and it got into my head.**SPOILERS DONE**

Endings like that are much more memorable to me than a simple, "everyone lives happily ever after" or "the bad guy loses", or anything along those lines, and they're a lot more satisfying.
I like happy endings.. or twist endings.

I just finished Season 4 of Dexter, I feel terrible right now
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Page 1 of 2