Can a college see if I have been to college before?

I don't want to transfer my other grades.

I only took 3 classes at a shitty community college, and I don't want them.

I just want to reapply to a university with my high school and ACTs and do it right this time.

So if I enter as a New Freshman, can they ever check if I have been to college before?
XBL Gamertag: SealCubs
It would probably be academically dishonest if you didn't tell them. If you don't, and they do find out, you may be dismissed from the university.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
I think so. You should ask someone from the University you're applying to.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Im pretty sure they will read your records before accepting you.
Yeah I understand that if they DID find out it could be bad.

But what reason would they have to look? Eh?
Quote by l2p_Guitar
Yeah I understand that if they DID find out it could be bad.

But what reason would they have to look? Eh?
You want to take that chance? Let's say you do get the boot. Was it worth not telling the university now?
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Just tell them it and straight and convince them you're here to work this time. Lying will not get you anywhere, fool.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Why would you not want those grades shown? Did you get terrible grades or were you just put in really stupid classes?

Most colleges i know of will accept those credits (sometimes they might not accept them because the class you took might be inequivalent to their version of the class) you already took but they wont count them towards your gpa, so i dont see the problem.

EDIT: and what everyone else is saying; they are going to do a check on you and will probably very easily see that youve been to another school
Last edited by Cosby1 at Aug 29, 2010,
The problem is I ****ed up my grades BAD.

I have like a 1.8 GPA from that other school. Which means no university would take me right now.
The credits I have are College Algebra, History 1, and Micro Economics. All good classes, but the GPA is what kills me.

I would LOVE to be able to say I took those classes.

If I could be sure that my credits would transfer but GPA wouldn't then I would for sure. But I don't really think it works that way.
I believe that's how it works at Ohio State.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Well I thought that was how it worked but I called this university that I was accepted to a couple years ago, and asked them what to do and they said if my GPA is lower than 2.0 then I would need to take classes somewhere else and get a higher GPA before transferring.
Well if you got a 1.8 then you would of had to get a D or F on atleast one of the classes, which they would make you retake whatever class that is.

Actually transferring credits is pretty much all up to you. They wont do it for you; you would have to fill paperwork out and bring it to them to be looked at. So i guess you could just apply to a college and just forget about those credits.
You'd better tell them.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
Quote by l2p_Guitar
Well I thought that was how it worked but I called this university that I was accepted to a couple years ago, and asked them what to do and they said if my GPA is lower than 2.0 then I would need to take classes somewhere else and get a higher GPA before transferring.
Then do just that. Go back to that community college for a quarter or two and get your GPA up above 2.5, then apply to go attend the university.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by Got Guitar?
I believe that's how it works at Ohio State.

That's where I go!
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Yeah, they can just look up your record, and I'm sure they will.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
They'll know for sure and if they find out without you telling them you will be dismissed from the university. I'd just retake those classes.
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
Okay so new question:

The college I'm applying at now for Transfer students says I have to complete at least 30 hours of coursework prior to applying.

I don't have that either way, so I'm good to just not tell them right? :]