30 Seconds To Mars

Hi Guys i realized that noone has recently posted a thread on them i personally think there awsome my favourite song is beautiful lie so uhm comment cheers xD
This question has been weighing on my heart for a while. Maybe someone here can answer it for me.

What sort of people like '30 seconds to mars'? What is their thing? Who does it appeal to and why? Do their songs have words that form thoughts or just disconnected phrases? Are they anthemic songs? What do they sound like? Are they an alternative band or are they more rock? How did they get so many people to be a crowd in their most recent megahit video? I don't know anybody who listens to '30 seconds to mars'. Maybe it is the same people who like 'Rise against'. The last hit video they did reminds me of something the band 'Rise against' would do, because it has clips of vulnerable people talking to the camera, and the lighting and everything looks modern and high-definition and not where the film has deteriorated like videos of 'The kinks' playing. I understand 'Jared leto' is an actor. What has he acted in? Do people listen to '30 seconds to mars' because they like 'Jared leto' for his acting work? Basically, what kind of people listen to '30 seconds to mars'? I just don't understand '30 seconds to mars'.
It's great focus music... whenever I listen to them any sort of dull work does itself. I know many people who would agree. Other than that it's not amazing, but its a good time for sure.
I was a fan of 30STM before I knew Jared Leto was an actor, and then I started noticing him in a fair bit of films I'm a fan of, particularly Lord of War. The music itself is something I like alot, each album has its own sound and I don't know any band that sounds like them. I'm also amazed at how famous they seem to be yet almost no one around where I live has next to no clue who they are besides some songs that got played on the radio.
I'm a casual fan of 30STM. I don't regularly listen to them and they aren't my favourite band or anything. I don't really know what appeals to me. I guess I like some of the atmosphere in their music, but in that case I'd rather listen to a post rock or shoegazing band.

I haven't listened to them in ages, so I don't even remember a lot of what they sound like to be honest.
They played for free near me a little while ago, put on quite a show. I really like Hurricane and Attack, good stuff.
They used to be one of my favourite bands. Don't really listen to them all that much anymore. When I go back and listen to their first album I'm reminded of how good it is. There's some pretty powerful stuff on their second record. This Is War is probably my least favourite, there's something about it that just doesn't quite do it for me. I really didn't like Closer to the Edge or Search & Destroy when I first heard them, still don't.

Obviously when they weren't so well known there was a much tighter fanbase. Being part of the echelon was something special, not so much anymore. Also, they have some of the worst fangirls I have ever seen.
I saw them, they sucked. Played four songs in an hour and a bit, kept stopping DEAD to ask the audience at either side to go 'wooo'. The whole band (- Leto) were dressed in black in the shadows, Leto spent far too long poncing around on his own with an acoustic, talking to himself and 'accidentally' getting his shirt ripped off.
Music= generic, but not bad. Just buried under his ego in the live show.

On the other hand, an hour and a bit of Leto getting his shirt ripped off might be just what you want if you're a teenage girl. To each their own and all that. Not for me though.
Dude, where's my band?
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
This question has been weighing on my heart for a while. Maybe someone here can answer it for me.

What sort of people like '30 seconds to mars'? What is their thing? Who does it appeal to and why? Do their songs have words that form thoughts or just disconnected phrases? Are they anthemic songs? What do they sound like? Are they an alternative band or are they more rock? How did they get so many people to be a crowd in their most recent megahit video? I don't know anybody who listens to '30 seconds to mars'. Maybe it is the same people who like 'Rise against'. The last hit video they did reminds me of something the band 'Rise against' would do, because it has clips of vulnerable people talking to the camera, and the lighting and everything looks modern and high-definition and not where the film has deteriorated like videos of 'The kinks' playing. I understand 'Jared leto' is an actor. What has he acted in? Do people listen to '30 seconds to mars' because they like 'Jared leto' for his acting work? Basically, what kind of people listen to '30 seconds to mars'? I just don't understand '30 seconds to mars'.

Answering your questions, hopefully in order.
Well it seems they target teenagers, however I am a 23 yr old that listens to a wide array of rock genres. Again they target teenagers (it seems), and teens do what teens do , I just go to college, play guitar, bf3, etc.

I can't say that I don't listen to the lyrics, because I do, however what draws me to them is their music, not the "meaning" behind their lyrics. I like the way they structure their songs, may seem simple and they may sound generic to some people but I dig it. I also like the "odd" distorted sound they crank out. I say odd cause I haven't figured out how they get it.

I was first drawn to them by "The Kill" - your standard metal-core (I don't know the exact genre) then discovered other songs that had a much different sound such as: Fallen, Oblivion, The Mission, Year Zero.

I'm not a fan of Leto's seemingly egocentric videos/performances.