I'm curious, what is the best way to play the main Layla riff?

I play it (in a different position to allot of tabs it seems) starting on the 10th fret of the B string and hammer on the 2nd and 4th note then pull off for the 5th (then pick the 6th and 7th) - but this doesn't feel particularly natural so I was wondering how other folk play it?
i play it the way you describe can`t understand why it would feel unnatural it`s based around a pentatonic shape in D
Quote by SooTyLaD
I'm curious, what is the best way to play the main Layla riff?

I play it (in a different position to allot of tabs it seems) starting on the 10th fret of the B string and hammer on the 2nd and 4th note then pull off for the 5th (then pick the 6th and 7th) - but this doesn't feel particularly natural so I was wondering how other folk play it?

Your explaination doesn't seem to make any sense, here have a tab:

e|-------10h13p10----10-13b15-13-12----10-
b|-10h13----------13----------------13----
g|----------------------------------------
d|----------------------------------------
a|----------------------------------------
e|----------------------------------------

e|-------10h13p10----10-15b17-15-12----10-
b|-10h13----------13----------------13----
g|----------------------------------------
d|----------------------------------------
a|----------------------------------------
e|----------------------------------------

That's the basic idea that repeats a couple of times and after the last repeat slides from the C to a C# instead of going to the D.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Fair enough

Think I've just got to practice pull offs then, it doesn't feel unnatural because of the shape it's more that there's not much legato when I'm playing it...

Now that I know I'm doing it right, practice practice practice