hello guys im back from my ban and ive gone through quite the style change while away. im looking for an amp to pair with my es-345 i will be buying soon im looking for a fender reverb type amp but with 2 footswitchable channels clean and dirty. reverb is big part of my sound. my genre's range from jazz,jam band, blues, funk, reggae, and mid gain zep type stuff. my budget is pretty expandable (2500) so give me the best ideas you can.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
If I had that money I'd buy a Fender Twin Reverb. I would even think twice
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
i'd think twice about that too, i could get twice the amp of a twin reverb for half the price on the used market
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
vintage?
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

silver face, you can find one for a good price. black face? i can find an equal quality amp for less. the new ones? not even close.

the old ones aren't going to have anything to do with multiple channels though

-ae
what if i got a blackface twin and deluxe?
roland AC90

why would you need that? will they give you the 'channels' you want?

pretty excessive, but you'll need the switching that will enable that.

matching a deluxe and a twin is gonna be a bit of 'david vs goliath' with the whole difference in power...

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
why would you need that? will they give you the 'channels' you want?

pretty excessive, but you'll need the switching that will enable that.

matching a deluxe and a twin is gonna be a bit of 'david vs goliath' with the whole difference in power...

i think he plans on turning the deluxe up to breaking point for overdrive and then matching the volume with the twin for a clean sound.. or the other way round, i can't remember which has the most power... i don't see any reason why it'd be a problem - amps have volume controls
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
blomcube is on the right path. what about a mesa boogie lonestar
roland AC90

That'd would sound nice but probably wouldn't get you the gain you need for your rockier stuff. Depends on what country you're in, and whether your 2500 was dollars or pounds, but I'm tempted to say get a Carr Amp, like so:

http://www.carramps.com/viceroy.html
What about the Supersonic?

Though i dont know what the consensis is on those things and ive never tried one. Look nice though.

Footsiwtchable channels. No reverb. Though it does have an effects loop.
i dont mean to sound elite but i think the super sonic would be a waste of money
roland AC90

anymore ideas?
roland AC90

Randall RM50 loaded with 6V6's using a Salvation Mods Twinface for the clean and LoneClean (which had some nice overdrive) for the crunchy sounds. The RM50 has built in reverb and especially going used for the head, you can get the whole package for like $1500 in head form. And that's if you pay top dollar and fill the thing with NOS tubes.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Lonestar is very nice. Also look into Riveras. The Super Sonic is actually a pretty surprising amp. Some nice tones to be found in there. The Riveras and Lonestars are better though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOI8SlEpK2c
There's a clip of the Twinface module modification...

Here's a bunch of clips of other mods he does, mostly high gain but there are some mid gain gems in there like the Matchvox...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=909142

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by paquiquinho
If I had that money I'd buy a Fender Twin Reverb. I would even think twice

You WOULD think twice?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
oh yeahhh uhhh tube only pleaseee
roland AC90

Egnator.
'08 Shecter C1+ w/jb-jazz
'10 LTD Deluxe EC1000 w/Blackouts
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty
Quote by Skagasm

My suggestion is a solid one that's all tube Opamps only present for MIDI switching capabilities.

Stupid name.

Quote by Skagasm

Keep in mind that not all SS amps or other digital shit is bad.

Sure, in your price range tube toanz will sound sexy, but just thought I should mention that.

Also, I wonder why you were banned.

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
i was banned for contributing nothing to posts and just saying useless shit. sorry i dont want to drop $2500 on an amp without hearing other opinions. and how is me wanting a tube amp over an axe fx clues to why i was banned.
roland AC90

Quote by beckyjc
Cant you know, just go to a shop and play some yourself?

+∞

I know you want suggestions, and people will get in the ballpark, but you gotta go try them out. With a budget like that, go to boutique amp dealer. Where do you live?
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Have you tried the Axe Fx? You could get an Ultra and some nice new cables and rack cases for USD$2500.

They have a 15 day money back return policy. But Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Dweezil, Chris Brodderick and I can't ALL be wrong.

(I don't have an Axe Fx yet, just started a thread here about my purchasing it)
Quote by squidlips
Have you tried the Axe Fx? You could get an Ultra and some nice new cables and rack cases for USD$2500.

They have a 15 day money back return policy. But Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Dweezil, Chris Brodderick and I can't ALL be wrong.

(I don't have an Axe Fx yet, just started a thread here about my purchasing it)

To be fair, that's kind of like saying Christianity or Islam or Judaism or whatever can't be wrong because some very important people in history followed them, not to mention the billion PLUS people that adhere to those religions.

In a way, tone is like religion, I think - you have to find out for yourself what sounds good and what sounds bad. Some people grow up with some tones and never try out anything else just because of bandwagons, whereas they might find that they actually really like what they get with another set of gear (i.e. another religion).

OP, have you considered Soldano? A used SLO would do everything you want it to, or maybe you could go for a Hot Rod 50+.

I'd also recommend a Budda Superdrive 45.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Aug 30, 2010,
Quote by mmolteratx
Lonestar is very nice. Also look into Riveras. The Super Sonic is actually a pretty surprising amp. Some nice tones to be found in there. The Riveras and Lonestars are better though.

Those are all good choices. The Lonestar and the Super Sonic have more gain then people realize. The only Rivera I ever played was the Clubster and Venice series. A Bad Cat would be cool too but I think they are more Marshally based.

what is you closest major city again?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 31, 2010,
miami/ft lauderdale. i want to try out a dr.z ezg 50. i just tried a vintage twin and a lonestar today. lonestar was bleh but the twin was great just a little dated. id love one for studio or home use but gigging is tough with such a vintage application.
roland AC90

Am thinking a Bogner Shiva?
Anyone else?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you have some nice amps on your craigslist. Did you see those?

Vintage Fender Twin
Bogner Shiva Custom
Hiwatt Custom 50
Vox Super Berkeley Twin
Mesa Mark IV
Reinhardt Fat Albert
'78 Super Reverb
'65 BF Super Reverb

I'd suggest the Fat Albert.

I've never seen one, played one, listened to one, and before now I didn't even know they existed. But you have to admit, with a name like that, how can you go wrong?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you have some nice amps on your craigslist. Did you see those?

Vintage Fender Twin
Bogner Shiva Custom
Hiwatt Custom 50
Vox Super Berkeley Twin
Mesa Mark IV
Reinhardt Fat Albert
'78 Super Reverb
'65 BF Super Reverb

311=best!!!!
roland AC90