Hey wassup, Nick here. I am looking for a cheaper, yet still very nice sounding Guitar and Amp combination. Seeing as i/m completely clueless right now, i figured this would be a good place for suggestions.

At the moment, I have a Epiphone Les Paul, which suits my needs just fine, Although, as said earlier, i am looking for a better one. As far as the Amp goes, i am currently using a stereo as the amp, but it is obviously not a guitar amp. I play Metal and Heavy Metal, And I'm looking a combination in the 1K-1.5K price range. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new to the site and couldn't find anywhere else this would go.
Last edited by closed Gamer at Aug 29, 2010,
i would look into a Bugera amp for starters. either a 6262 or 333xl. people will undoubtedly suggest the Peavey 6505+ and give reasons about quality (which are untrue) or "its not a clone" or whatever, but play the amps yourself and make a decision. personally, i much prefer either of the bugera amps to the peavey.

as for a guitar, do you have any specific preferances? body shape, number of frets, passive or active pickups, trem, neck, etc? anything at all?
shecter is great for metal, i recommend any of the hellraisers or the blackjack
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by User_Name336

as for a guitar, do you have any specific preferances? body shape, number of frets, passive or active pickups, trem, neck, etc? anything at all?

I Don't really have any preferences as to the shape, but as far as frets I'd say 22-24. Pickups don't really matter to me, but it would be nice if they were there . The Neck? I don't really care weather it has a design on it, or just the standard dot inlays if that's what you mean. As far as color..... personally I like the guitars that have a fade in or fade out paint, but again, I'm not picky about it.

As far as the Amps go, any suggestions closer to $500?
6505 212 combo isn't a bad idea.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
possible combinations that i thought up:

1) Ibanez RG2550/1570/550/770
Mesa F-30

2) Ibanez RGA121/RGA321
Mesa F-30

3) Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505/5150 combo

4) Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Bugera 333XL/6262

5) LTD MH-1000
Peavey 6505/5150 combo
for the guitar, i would go with an agile at rondomusic.com very low price for good guitars. and for the amp: i dont even know your genre + i dont know what you want: solid/tube, head/combo, modeling/not modeling etc...
Alright... i think I'm set now as far as the guitar goes. The Agile Pro seems like a nice guitar to me, I'll look into it.

As far as the Amp goes.... does anyone here know how decent a Pyle-Pro PPG460A - 150 Watt Amp is? Cause it's around $100 and i want to know weather or not I'd be wasting that money