Hi guys, bit of a noob here. So, I'm looking to get a new guitar and I went into a local guitar shop and tried out a few guitars and the one that really captured me was a Jackson JS30KE for £199.99, it has a slight chip on the body, near the back of the guitar but it won't affect playability, I reckon I could use this as a bargaining chip (literally! . It has an Alder body, Maple bolt-on neck, 24 jumbo frets and Jackson CVR2 Humbuckers. More info here.

I'm upgrading from an Epiphone Special II GT, which I should be selling for roughly £90. My budget is £200 max, including the money from the Epi. I was just wondering if you guys had any experience with this guitar or if you could recommend me anything good for a similar price? I mainly play Rock (Coheed & Cambria, Slash, Three Days Grace) and Metal (A7X, 'Tallica, Megadeth, Slayer) so it would be good to find something that would suit my style.
Thanks!
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
I would think the Jackson seems to suit your style more, but to be honest I think if your looking for a tonal upgrade then I don't think it would make much difference. The main thing is how it feels to play, if you like then Jackson's neck then go for it
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
You could look for a used X series Jackson. According to their site they don't make an X series Kelly, but you've got your standard King V, Dinky, and Rhoads options.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I definitely liked the neck on the jackson a lot, it was really comfortable and easy to move up and down, would an X Series be in my price range?
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
Hi guys. For the future, Epi Les Paul Ultra II ? i want a hard rock sound but an ok clean. I like the acoustic feature, too. Is it any good?