so im in the now awesome market for a low wattage tube amp and theirs soo many choices. I play a modified squire stratocaster standard with fender mod shop pickups and may be picking up some jackson for cheap

i like stuff such as alice in chains, tool, rhcp, hurt, plink floyd, foo fighters.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Fender Champion if your strapped for cash.....Fender Twin Reverb, Marshall JVM something, Peavey JSX, Orange amp of any kind, Vox makes some ok amps, haven't' heard specific models though.

i dont think most of them come in low wattage, by low wattage..i mean like 15watts or less, in a combo amp... im probably looking to spend 250$ but i can save for a bit more if need be.. my spider 3 can hold me off tell i can get something good
Oh, I was just naming off things that could get the tones you mentioned, maybe a Marshall Class 5, Fender Blues Junior, Vox Night Train I have heard of and it's ok, Jet City amps, Peavey Royal 8.

Just look around on Musicianfriend and post if you have questions about a specific amp.
For $250 your not gonna have many options. Maybe a used Blackheart Little Giant? As far as a low watt recommendation. I'd recommend an Egnater Tweaker. I love mine more and more each day. It has so many tones and I'm almost positive it could get very close to the bands you mentioned.
great little amp. how much is the orange ad5 though? if its in your range id say go for that
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Egnator Tweaker or Rebel 30
'08 Shecter C1+ w/jb-jazz
'10 LTD Deluxe EC1000 w/Blackouts
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty
Fender Super Champ XD. It's a 15W Tube amp, with a modeling (16 models) channel. Look it up, and I'm SURE you could find it lightly used for $250, or just spend 50 more and get the thing new.
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
As long as it has a master volume....it really doesn't matter how many watts.
Quote by mmjohn
As long as it has a master volume....it really doesn't matter how many watts.

+1, well as long as it's a good one, anyway. a lot of that more modern stuff relies more on preamp gain, anyway- and a lot of those low watt amps won't do those tones, cranked or not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Bugera V22 is a great amp and will pretty much do all that you want to do with it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??