lately ive been listening to alot of rory gallagher and i realized that his tone when beefed up a bit sounds really similar to robby krieger of the doors. now my question is if robby uses an sg or 335 through fender twins and rory has strats in an ac30 what makes their sound similar? is it that single coil + quicker ac30 breakup can in some ways sound similar to a fat humbucker driving a twin to the edge? im not trying to say that one setup is equal to another just a thing ive noticed. any ideas?
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
anything?
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

There's nothing similar to their sound. One is a american voiced amp driven by a humbucker and the other is a british voiced amp driven by single coils trough a treble booster.

The similarity is that the instruments are both electric guitars.
You think they sound similar????
Maybe your ears need syringing.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
well they sound pretty damn similar when they use slides, they both have a very snappy punch too. i didnt mean to say they sound the same they dont but hmm ill try to find the songs after school.
roland AC90