I'm in pursuit to buying a new guitar[:
I know it all depends on how it feels when I play and what I want it to look like. But most of all, I really want it to sound good. But I'm not so sure what I should be looking for. Like brand wise or things along those lines.

I have no idea what pickups are, though i've been plying guitar for a good 2 years.
D:<
I'd appreciate it a lot if you could explain that to mean and how it effects the sounds of guitar. :3

I like playing things in the style of Black Veil Brides or Escape the Fate, RHCP, and things along those lines. o-o

Muchh loveee <3
that sound like an awfully small Johnson , you'll never get the ladys with that
Bahaha, I don't think I'll need to. Considering I'm a girl myself. :]
And yeahhhhhhhhh, it isssssssssss. Do you recommend anything that is pretty affordable?
i would recommend you invest in a new amp first. it sounds like you need something very versatile like the roland microcube. that and a fender fat strat will have you pretty much set for anything.
Quote by killboypowerhed
i would recommend you invest in a new amp first. it sounds like you need something very versatile like the roland microcube. that and a fender fat strat will have you pretty much set for anything.

No THAT'S an awfully small amp. Is the sound good? Or are you more along the lines of convenience? o-o Anything is fine, just as long as the sound is good. :3
Quote by xshatteredxjuvi
Bahaha, I don't think I'll need to. Considering I'm a girl myself. :]
And yeahhhhhhhhh, it isssssssssss. Do you recommend anything that is pretty affordable?

Your profile views suddenly just spiked...
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
A girl, in my internets? TITS OR GTFO.

Just kiddin

I would say a new amp is more crucial to your sound than a guitar is. However, you probably don't know what you really want sound wise quite yet so a guitar is probably best. I'd look more for how well a guitar plays than how it sounds, considering you'll want a guitar that feels right in your hands before you focus on how it sounds.

What I recommend above all else is to try before you buy - nothing's worse than spending a good chunk of change on something then having to return it when it's not what you really wanted.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 29, 2010,
Quote by CL/\SH
A girl, in my internets? TITS OR GTFO.

Just kiddin

I would say a new amp is more crucial to your sound than a guitar is. However, you probably don't know what you really want sound wise quite yet so a guitar is probably best. I'd look more for how well a guitar plays than how it sounds, considering you'll want a guitar that feels right in your hands before you focus on how it sounds.

What I recommend above all else is to try before you buy - nothing's worse than spending a good chunk of change on something then having to return it when it's not what you really wanted.

xO
You scared me, I was like, WTFFFFF? Pshhh, pedobear territory?
Well, is there any brand you reccomend? :3
Do you have a budget? Willing to go used?
Gehhhhhh.. Budget..
Anything a $10 an hour minus expenses, can afford. Of course, that's my mom's salary... ;l
I'm fine with going used, it doesn't bother me at all. :]
Quote by xshatteredxjuvi
Gehhhhhh.. Budget..
Anything a $10 an hour minus expenses, can afford. Of course, that's my mom's salary... ;l
I'm fine with going used, it doesn't bother me at all. :]

Peavey Vypyr 15 w, used if you can.

Good versatile tone, maybe a Roland MicroCube.

Secondly, volume does not dictate tone, as I read from other posts here.

-Red
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
jet city 20, fender strat/gibson les paul.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150

wat? A little pricey D:

TS, I suggest finding your own means of income otherwise it will be hard to recommend anything. Go out and do odd jobs to pick up cash and put it aside for gear.

Also, you should be looking for a new amp instead of guitar, unless the guitar is absolutely horrid and CANNOT be played.

Lastly, you don't know what pick ups are? You should probably learn what your instrument is at least made of before buying a new one/playing one for that matter.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by xshatteredxjuvi
Nawwww, haha. I'm not that pretty, really.
Sorry people. :#

Clicked your profile(I succumbed...) I would not agree with this statement.

OT: I'd second a used peavey vypyr. And no, volume does not mean tone. And your budget is a little vague..... And are you still trying to find a guitar? Or what... As far as new guitar goes, check out rondomusic.com, they may not be the best, but for the price they are damn good.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by shaggydogJV

Huge e-penis?

Quote by shaggydogJV
OT: I'd second a used peavey vypyr. And no, volume does not mean tone. And your budget is a little vague..... And are you still trying to find a guitar? Or what... As far as new guitar goes, check out rondomusic.com, they may not be the best, but for the price they are damn good.

I agree with this whole thing.

Her guitar is some Squier stratocoustic thing D:
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Linqua5150

What the dump Links

I don't think she has 2500 bucks laying around

TS, I don't quite follow. 10 bucks surely isn't your budget right?

Is it in the ballpark of 200-300? 400-600?

Other than the Vypyr (as far as amps are concerned) is the Vox VT series, very good sounding amps for being somewhat inexpensive. Also, there is the not-so-unknown JCA 2112R.

EDIT: As far as guitars are concerned, you could look at a Fender MIM Strat standard (kind of hit and miss), an Agile LP copy, maybe even an MIM Telecaster. All of those guitars have different tonal subtleties that you may not even notice, what's most important is which one you like the feel of best.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 30, 2010,
Quote by Guitarbaddie
wat? A little pricey D:

musical equipment is pricey.

and i really cant think of a better guitar type/types for stuff like the chilli peppers. and the jet city is considered very affordable, and i think it would suit pretty much anything shed want to play. other than that, id say the Vox VT15 would be better than the vypyr

HUGE EDIT: ok nevermind i just looked up the bands i havent heard of.

second the vypyr, and perhaps an ibanez. good affordable guitars.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Aug 30, 2010,
i would recommend finding someone you know that is pretty knowledgeable about electric guitars and having them check out fender MIM strats with you. only if you like the feel of them. the reason i say that is because as CL/\SH said they are hit and miss and you want to make sure someone as knowledgeable as possible looks it over. especially if you are in a guitar center because the salesmen will possibly try to take advantage of you.

as far as an amp goes i would recommend something with a good clean tone to build off since you play RHCP. perhaps a fender super champ xd and a decent overdrive if you play anything extremely gainy like metal or anything.

all in all wouldnt be too expensive of a set up and you'd have a pretty good tone.
MIM Strat - 500 bucks
Super Champ - 300 bucks
OD - 50-100 bucks

900 dollars sounds like a lot of money but if you ask most people on here theyve spent a great deal more than that. good luck in your search
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
wat? A little pricey D:

TS, I suggest finding your own means of income otherwise it will be hard to recommend anything. Go out and do odd jobs to pick up cash and put it aside for gear.

Also, you should be looking for a new amp instead of guitar, unless the guitar is absolutely horrid and CANNOT be played.

Lastly, you don't know what pick ups are? You should probably learn what your instrument is at least made of before buying a new one/playing one for that matter.

Yeah, I know. :l It's just the problem is, I don't really know where to start, do you mind helping on that to? I ask for too much, but mysic is my passion. And after a while I realuzed all I can do is play, if you tested me on things about a guitar, id flunk. :l But thank yuo so much, that means alot. :3
Quote by shaggydogJV

O~o
I'm not.. But thank you.
My budget is around 500-600.
According to my motherrrrr. :[
Quote by xshatteredxjuvi

this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922869-i1413606.gc

and one of these, ive kind of narrowed it to ones i think are better in that price range

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GRGA32T-Electric-Guitar-105805717-i1499741.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG321MH-Electric-Guitar-512492-i1147796.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG321MH-Electric-Guitar-620737-i1469849.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar-103382115-i1167867.gc

i would favor number 1 or 3, 1 seems to be the nicer guitar, but it does have a floyd rose and you might not be comfortable with those, so my next choice would be the 3rd one, mahogany body, jumbo frets, fixed bridge, etc.

and i would go with the vypyr 30 over the 15, the 15 only has a one inch speaker which will suck. IMO
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Aug 30, 2010,
First of all, I am sure you are very pretty. Especially when you put the boobers into the equation.

Secondly, I am positive that your mums budget for your amp/guitar is different then min would be, for my amp/guitar, at $10 an hour, 40 hour week.

Roland cube for teh mellow tunes, peavey vypyr for teh metal.

Quote by xshatteredxjuvi
O~o
I'm not.. But thank you.

OMG, so your mom seems to care about you having a quality amp/guitar?

Mine is like GTFO or continue to pay as much rent as an efficiency!

My vote goes for superchamp and maybe some pickups, if you like how your neck feels.

I know I do... xd
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Aug 30, 2010,
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
First of all, I am sure you are very pretty. Especially when you put the boobers into the equation.

Secondly, I am positive that your mums budget for your amp/guitar is different then min would be, for my amp/guitar, at $10 an hour, 40 hour week.

Roland cube for teh mellow tunes, peavey vypyr for teh metal.

OMG, so your mom seems to care about you having a quality amp/guitar?

Mine is like GTFO or continue to pay as much rent as an efficiency!

My vote goes for superchamp and maybe some pickups, if you like how your neck feels.

I know I do... xd

Lololololololol, amazing~
Thank you for being so kind. And the thing is, I'm not allowed to have a job until i'm 17.
And my mom wants me to do this. She's really happy I took up guitar, because she said it's something I love. I love my mum.
-w-

If I were yoru mom, i'd so pay for all your shit.
;DDDDDDDDDDD
Quote by shaggydogJV

Agreed.
I'd suggest something along the lines of an Ibanez RG321mh or a used MIM Fender HSS Stratocaster (standard series=MIM), with a Peavey Vypyr.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.