hey guys,

i'm doing a project where i make a video on guitar skills

but i'm kind of stuck on what type of guitar skills i should be teaching about.

so as guitar players, what type of guitar skills do you think new guitarist would like to learn?

so far, i can think of....
1) sliding
2) bending
3) ham on/ pull of
4) chord progression
5) scales

what else can i talk about??

please reply!! thanks.
all you have is left handed technique maybe some picking
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Sweep picking and multifinger tapping.

No, don't. Then you end up like me, and too many other people with improper technique, and having to spend hours of additonal practice attempting to fix it.

Go with basic techniques, Hammer ons and pull offs, basic playing skills. Once they have controll of their fingers, teach them theory such as chords and scales and how they correlate. Also note names, if they don't know already.

And then escalate from that.
Barre Chords. They may not think there useful but they are wrong
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Sweep picking and multifinger tapping.

No, don't. Then you end up like me, and too many other people with improper technique, and having to spend hours of additonal practice attempting to fix it.

Go with basic techniques, Hammer ons and pull offs, basic playing skills. Once they have controll of their fingers, teach them theory such as chords and scales and how they correlate. Also note names, if they don't know already.

And then escalate from that.

haha i never made that mistake i just started out with a metronome and i play the chromatic scale and a proper scale at least once a day

sweep and tapping should not be your main focus. it should be a side thing, like a side job, it shouldn't be as important as ur primary job.
just make it as simple as possible. i know anyone ive ever tried to show how to play has quit simple because of frustration...

maybe i was just teaching arrogant pricks that thought they were supposed to be hendrix in an hour...
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Theres plenty of videos on the things u listed. instead, you should make a video of what not to do, i.e., common newb mistakes that lead to bad habits.
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo