Poll: Do you like eating with your hands?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like eating with your hands?
I like to eat with my hands.
89 62%
I hate to eat with my hands.
25 17%
I don't eat hands.
29 20%
Voters: 143.
Page 1 of 2
So, What does The Pit think about eating with your hands? Do you like eating with your hands? Do you hate eating with your hands? How do you clean them afterwards? Do you lick them, or wash them?

I hate eating with my hands. I only do it if completely necessary (in public eating a burger). I always wash them immediately after eating, and hate it because they smell like the food all day. I despise eating with my hands so much, when at home eating chips, I just scoop them up with my tongue.
I always rinse my hands off after eating because I hate having anything on them making them dirty. I find it disgusting when people have greasy, dirty hands. It makes them seem vile and unhygienic, since they touch everything with their hands, in turn making everything greasy and dirty. I had a friend with gross hands like that once... very disgusting. He was a cool guy, but as mature as a 5 year old. So when I eat with my hands, I wash them afterwards so I can stay hygienic.

I have some obsessive compulsive tendencies, so I absolutely cannot get anything on my hands without being extremely conscious of it.
I love to eat with my hands, honestly..They're just so honest about themselves, and like..No secrets. We've been together for 19 years, and I couldn't imagine eating with any other hands.

They sometimes spoil me with chocolates, but overall, they're some of the best things to eat with. Like, when you eat with a chick, they're all like, "PAY THE BILL I'M A BITCH BLAH BLAH BLAH" (No offense ladies, I know men do it as well), but just to be fair.."PAY THE BILL, BITCH, I'M A MAN BLAH BLAH BLAH", but anyways..I don't kiss and tell, so that's where my story stops.

Moving on.

I used to be afraid of germs, so back then, no I wouldn't eat with my hands at all. I had to have a plastic bag around my hands, and I ended up washing my hands roughly 10-20 times a day.

Hmmm, otherwise now I don't care. Although, I knew a guy that licked the bottom of a floor (He licked for 2 metres(roughly) in a straight line) for a piece of pizza.
Last edited by severed-metal at Aug 29, 2010,
Eawwww
I use my hands to touch myself I don't wanna eat my food with that thought
real men use chopsticks to eat steak
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
When I cant get something on the 5th try with the fork, I pick it up and eat it. That's it.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by Solarstar101
real men use chopsticks to eat steak

Real men just bite the cow.
I have no problem whatsoever eating with my hands. I wash them before doing so, however.

Some of you people are the type to eat pizza with a fork aren't you?
Nope, no sig here.
I've only met one person who didn't eat a sandwich with his hands...

It's not a bad thing. Honestly, as long as you're hygienic, your hands are probably just as clean as the fork, and much cleaner than your mouth. It's not a huge deal. I use my hands for eating when the situation requires it (burgers, sandwiches, etc.) and other.... appendages... when attractive women are around.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
i do it but only with certain foods. tbh i was kinda raised that way. im not uncivilized or anything but where im from, its a common thing to do
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
If the food calls for it, then I will do it.

EDIT: Why are people scared of touching food? You're going to ingest it either way.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Aug 29, 2010,
Depends on the food and setting. I've eaten french fries with a fork before.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
So you're saying that when you're by yourself you eat burgers with a knife, and fork?

Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I eat with my hands unless it's a food that typically involves utensils (ie. pasta). I'm not gonna use a ****in' knife and fork to cut up a piece of bread.

Also, I hate it when people lick there fingers. Seriously what's up with that
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
I eat with my hands unless it's a food that typically involves utensils (ie. pasta). I'm not gonna use a ****in' knife and fork to cut up a piece of bread.

Also, I hate it when people lick there fingers. Seriously what's up with that

Oh, you don't eat pasta with your hands? That's strange. I doubt your foot eye coordination is very good.
I have a pretty severe social phobia (basically I get unnaturally self conscious to the point of fear in public) , so if I get anything on my face or hands while eating, I could give myself a panic attack. So in public, I usually eat with a fork and knife unless I'm just with close friends. At home, I'm fine with eating with my hands.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I ordered some takeout from the local Chinese restaurant once. When I got back home, I was really high and couldn't find any utensils. So I ate my General Tso with my hands.

Other than that, I try not to unless the food calls for it.
I don't think I've ever met anyone who eats a sandwich with utensils.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I have some obsessive compulsive tendencies, so I absolutely cannot get anything on my hands without being extremely conscious of it.

EXCATLY the same as me..
so, i eat with my hands when necessary, but i also wash afterwards..water, soap ecc.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Only stuff like french fries.
If you try to eat rice with your hands it doesn't really work that well.
It's just sticky =[
kthxbai.
Quote by oneblackened
I don't think I've ever met anyone who eats a sandwich with utensils.

My best friend does

I usually eat with my hands unless it's like spaghetti or something. I'm a really messy eater so I hate eating anything in public, so I go utensil-crazy then.
cat
Id look like more of a dick trying to eat pizza with a knife and fork than i would with my hands.
Sammiches, burgers, pizzas, chicken leg, ribs, yorkshire pudding, chips (when bought from the chippy), crisps, and a shit ton more.

All eaten with my hands. Doesn't bother me, a quick rinse under the tap and problem solved.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by MakinLattes
I have no need for utensils. I indiscriminately shovel food into my gaping hole of a mouth.

This.

I don't like to use my hands though. They feel all horrible and greasy afterwards. Even fries I eat with a fork. Burgers are a sometimes thing, but I don't do it often.

To clean them after? If I'm at home we have this stainless steel thing that does something with the smell molecules and bizarrely gets rid of the odour, I don't know how but it works. In public, toilets and lots of soap.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
From where I'm from(Malaysia), it's really normal for people to eat with their hands. They say it preserves the natural flavour.

Idk really, I'm chinese so I use chopsticks.
Quote by Vauxite
Sammiches, burgers, pizzas, chicken leg, ribs, yorkshire pudding, chips (when bought from the chippy), crisps, and a shit ton more.

All eaten with my hands. Doesn't bother me, a quick rinse under the tap and problem solved.

This. Especially if you have to do the dishes in your house.

More utensils used = More utensils to clean.
I have no problem with eating with my hands. Of course I only use them when it is practical. It wouldn't make much sense to eat mashed potatoes with my hands.
Quote by daytripper75
I have no problem with eating with my hands. Of course I only use them when it is practical. It wouldn't make much sense to eat mashed potatoes with my hands.

+1
you should really wash your hands before you eat and then after, thats just nasty, my friend is like that, he takes a shit doesn't wash his hands and then goes and eats a hotdog..sick
Hello Will You Be My Freind?
Quote by guitar-guy69
i knocked a girl up once but thank the lord it died inside her

Quote by guitar-guy69
Guitar-guy69 your the best

Quote by guitar-guy69
my penis floats when its in the water so it always looks hard

Hello my name is guy i like my women naked and aroused lol
I don't mind using my hands as long as I have napkins.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I don't eat hands.

But I eat with my hands. Normal food that you'd use your hands.

And waffles
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Page 1 of 2