hi there

i just got myself a Indie IPR1 Solid guitar , i just wanna know what the pick ups are ( been looking up the name of the pick ups "GR8" and i cant find any info just that there alnico) , someone told me they sound like P90 humbuckers pick ups can someones tell what they are, and what they sound close to ? thxz jonnoo

"link":- http://www.indieguitars.ca/products/iprsolidnatural.htm
Well with Indie, theres a good chance they are either made by themselves or by Wilkinson. Indie make some very versatile guitars so I wouldn't worry too much on how they sound. They normally can handle anything.
Quote by Stuart90
Well with Indie, theres a good chance they are either made by themselves or by Wilkinson. Indie make some very versatile guitars so I wouldn't worry too much on how they sound. They normally can handle anything.

well i know i get the tones i want from it "ramones / wolf mother " i just wanna know a little more about them ,theres was just one forum that some guys said that there tone is almost the same to p90
That's a very nice-looking guitar. If it plays and sounds as good as it looks, you definitely did alright for yourself.

I doubt that those humbuckers sound much like a P-90 single coil. They are probably in the same league as Gibson's 490 or whatever PRS is building for their guitars. God knows you've got plenty of humbuckers to choose from if you want to do a swap.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The pickups are humbuckers, but it's possible they sound like overwound P90s if it are low ouput pickups. They're probably just self manufactured or no-name pickups. I don't think much people have played this guitar so best is to just compare it yourself to some other guitars.