Hello guys, this will be my first post, so be nice =)

I have a question for you.

I'm been thinking about buying a Charvel So-Cal model

but when I look them up on musicstore there is a 300 euros price difference between some models.

What I understand the cheaper one is made i Japan but when it comes to the interior parts I cant say that I see that big difference.

What should I do, I want the Ferrari Red but on the other hand I dont want to spend 699 euros on a crappy guitar, when I can get a great one for 400 more, just because its the wrong color.

If any of you have any experience from the guitars, I would love if you could tell me a little bit about them.

Links to the guitars

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/SEK/Charvel-So-Cal-Style-1-HH-FR-Ferrari-Red/art-GIT0020000-000

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/SEK/Charvel-So-Cal-Style-1-2H-MN-SG-Slime-Green/art-GIT0019284-000

Thank you very much

/Adam H
I m no charvel expert but usually american charvels are said to be of better quality than japanese ones(?)

and also the jap has the FRT 02000 which is the korean floyd while the other has the orginal one made by schaller,but still I dont think its worth the massive price jump from the jap one

Id buy the jap one if I were you
Charvel is a bit of a weird company in that it releases models in specific colors for only a limited time. Since you aren't going after a crazy graphics scheme, get the best Charvel that you can afford and learn to love the color. Besides, you can always have it refinished at a later date.

U.S.A.-made Charvels are excellent guitars. I think you will enjoy owning one very much.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by archenemyfan

and also the jap has the FRT 02000 which is the korean floyd while the other has the orginal one made by schaller,but still I dont think its worth the massive price jump from the jap one

the USA one has the frt-x000 too

I haven't tried the japanese ones, so I can't say how much worse (or not) they are. But, as far as I'm aware, the floyd is the same.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TokaiEX
jap-made guitars are usually high quality (old tokai) for example.

I agree.
In my Opinion, Japan and Korea are just about equal for the guitars. BC Rich has a Korean factory.
..I was watching my death.
nah, by and large japan >>>> korea, for the export stuff to the west anyway. Not that korea can't make great guitars, but generally western companies go to them for cheaper models, with the associated cut in price and quality.

just going back to the original question, the pro mods are the japanese ones, right? that aqua one with the maple top is nice... shame it didn't have a maple board.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
from fender experience, japan > most other areas of production.. and fender owns charvel
My Team J Craft japanese ibanez prestige 2570e is as good as Any american guitar I've played.....and it pains me to say that because I like to buy american.....but what a guitar!!
Thank you for all the answers, I got a lot to think about but its leaning towards a Jap.rightnow.
They're both good. I really like Charvels; they play like freakin' butter.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ok

I mailed the same question, as a posted here, to Thomanns support and the answer I got was very interesting.

"Hello Adam,

the cheap one is made in mexico
the other made in korea

+++ bitte immer den gesamten vorgang der korrespondenz bei der antwort
+++ anhängen+++
***Due to the high volume of email please include all original messages when replying to this message***

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With best regards

Freddy Wachter

Musikhaus Thomann e.K.
Guitar division
Phone +49-9546-9223-20

Fax +49-9546-9223- 24
email: gitarre@thomann.de

Musikhaus Thomann
Inhaber Hans Thomann
Treppendorf 30, 96138 Burgebrach
HRA Bamberg Nr. 8988 "

On charvels homepage It says that the guitars are crafted in Japan, so I wonder where he got Mexico and Korea from????
Those Charvel SoCals are awsome guitars, I've been really wanting a strat shaped one in either candy green or purple. I saw the drummer from Weezer (yes, the drummer) playing one the other day in green, looked and sounded awsome. I have no idea weather it was American, Japanese, or Mexican though, but there I have never had quality issues with any guitars made in any of those countries personally. If the Japanese one is a lot cheaper, I'd get that.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
^^ lolwut? someone in thomann clearly answered that before having the morning coffee
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^ lolwut? someone in thomann clearly answered that before having the morning coffee

Thats what I thought aswell!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?