I have an acoustic steel string (Tanglewood Evolution series TW28CE) and want to know what guitar strings sound the best for this and other acoustics for different genres of music, also what electric guitar and string combinations work well, I know this is a very general question, but some tips or suggestions would be cool.
thanx everyone for a great forum !
It is different from guitar to guitar no matter what strings you use, and it is mostly personal preference. But I have to say that Martin strings always gives me a warm Zeppelinesque feeling.
Real men use barbed wire.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by githead
barbed wire will shred your pick are you nuts?!

Yes, because the biggest worry about barbed wire is what it will do to your picks

But TS, it's all about personal preference. I love the sound of 80/20 13s on my acoustic and d'addario xl 10s on my electrics, the next person will probably be completely different
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Quote by Raijouta
Real men use barbed wire for strings.

sig'd.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
At music stores, Fender style guitars with a 25.5 inch scale length are typically strung with 009-042 guage strings.
Gibson style guitars with a 24.75 inch scale length are typically strung with 010-046 guage strings.

Those are the guages they usually come stock with. They're fairly light and easy to play. They're not gonna put, like, 13's on them before they sell them because that will make them hard for people to try before buying.

I personally use 010-052 on my Ibanez and I think it feels just right for me. Any more is too hard to bend, any less feels like rubber bands.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 30, 2010,
I really like D'addario EXP Coated phosphor bronze 12's on my acoustic. They sound overall incredible. And last a good lifetime. Love em. Wouldn't use anything else.
Brightness vs mellowness? which music genres would these two tones be attributed to ?