Page 1 of 2

No, this thread is not about this.

I just wanted to share a personal experience.

On sunday at around 1:00 AM (+2 GMT), I was walking home from an outing, and passed through a crosswalk. I was slightly drunk (a fact which probably saved my life).

Anyway, as I was crossing the street legitimately, a car drove in the lane I was crossing, and hit me.According to eye-witnesses I flew anywhere between 10-25 metres upon impact, and the damage on the car was equal to one a crash with a lorry would have caused.

I should have died then.

Instead (probably due to the effects of the alcohol), I simply broke my right elbow and pelvis, contracted a limp in my right leg and bruised most of my face and left hand, all temporary. I didn't even lose any teeth or nails. I was hospitalised, but let go the same morning, not even needing a surgery.

Anyway, I'm lucky to be alive.

TL;DR: I miracolously survived being run over.

Anyway, Pit, do you believe in miracles? Has something similar ever happen to you?
Wait... you should've died but survived because of the alcohol?

SENSE.EXE NOT FOUND
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Pic fail aside, that's crazy man
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Demon Wolf

SENSE.EXE NOT FOUND

Well, due to my intoxication, my body was limp upon impact, a known medical occurence.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pic fail aside, that's crazy man

Thanks man!
Quote by StewieSwan
Did you dent his hood?

Yes, yes I did. I actually totalled his car, so he couldn't even hit and run.
Last edited by jimmyled at Aug 30, 2010,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
You're probably not actually alive y'know

+1

Zombie in the pit.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Ichikurosaki

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69
Does your name happen to be Clark Kent at all?

I. AM. IRON MAN!

I know it's not Clark Kent, but still related.

Oh, did I mention I got a concussion, so I might not always be coherent?
Quote by Demon Wolf

SENSE.EXE NOT FOUND

Yes it was the alcohol. "HOW THE ****!?" you ask?

Beacuse alkohol makes your body relax and somewhat numb. therefor when he got hit and rolled al over the ground hes muscles didn't tense up and saving him from his bones from having to take all the damage... Sounds a bit wacko yes but that's how it is.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
DIRECTORY OF SENSE.EXE SPECIFIED

FILE FOUND

thanks
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Ichikurosaki

He's posting from purgatory.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
See, when telling such a story, you have to re-invent the details. Should have said something like "Then this car drove towards me, so what did I do? I turn around and facing it I do a pelvic thrust and bam! I fly through the air, but the car's a wreck."

Miracles are for bed-time stories. Grown-ups put their trust in alcohol.
Quote by jimmyled
Yes, yes I did. I actually totalled his car, so he couldn't even hit and run.

Br00tal.

Yeah it was no miracle, just alcohol.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
That's crazy Good thing you're okay (relatively speaking)

I don't believe in miracles though.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Aug 30, 2010,
Quote by TheQuailman
See, when telling such a story, you have to re-invent the details. Should have said something like "Then this car drove towards me, so what did I do? I turn around and facing it I do a pelvic thrust and bam! I fly through the air, but the car's a wreck."

Miracles are for bed-time stories. Grown-ups put their trust in alcohol.

Damn you! It hurts to laugh!
Quote by Gyroscope
Br00tal.

Quote by guitarxo

Thanks

I know it's probably the alcohol, but it's really hard not to feel as if there was some sort of divine intervention here.
Last edited by jimmyled at Aug 30, 2010,
it's a proven fact that being drunk saves lives when hit by cars. If you're sober, the body automatically tenses up upon impact, which means that your body is much more susceptible to damage, especially when hitting the ground after falling.
When you're drunk, you dont tense up as much (if at all), and that can really save your life in such a situation.
There have been reports of people jumping out of high windows while drunk and suffering no more than bruises and sprains, instead of broken bones and being dead because of this effect.

Then again, if you were sober, you probably would've not been hit by a car. Also, did the driver see you? were you crossing the road at a legal place? Cuz you can press serious charges if you were, drunk or not.
LOL JK you're in coma. This is just limbo.

Jokes aside. Hooray for having invincible Ugers!!!
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by CoreysMonster
Also, did the driver see you? were you crossing the road at a legal place? Cuz you can press serious charges if you were, drunk or not.

I was on a crosswalk, so yes. I don't think pressing charges is currently my top priority though. Thanks anyway.
Quote by namegoeshere
LOL JK you're in coma. This is just limbo.

Jokes aside. Hooray for having invincible Ugers!!!

Actually, I did pass out for several hours.

Anyway, this seems fitting.
Quote by jimmyled

Now you have to tell everyone that someone tried to fight you with their car and lost.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Pics or it didnt happen?
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by Gyroscope
Now you have to tell everyone that someone tried to fight you with their car and lost.

That's what my dad keeps saying.
Quote by !-twisty-!
Pics or it didnt happen?

I can try to upload some pics, but it won't be easy...
Just luck.

Congrats on being alive, unless your suicidal, then I'm sorry for your loss.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by nibblypig
Alcohol is a miracle.

Congratulations on being alive.

Thanks
Quote by The_Sophist
Just luck.

Congrats on being alive, unless your suicidal, then I'm sorry for your loss.

I am not suicidal, though I'm not really afraid of death (this is like the third near death experience in my life. Yeah, trouble seems to like me).

Thanks anyway
Okay. Now...I shall get very drunk. And stand on the highway at night.
I also want to tell people that I beat the shit out a car.
Quote by jimmyled
Thanks

I am not suicidal, though I'm not really afraid of death (this is like the third near death experience in my life. Yeah, trouble seems to like me).

Thanks anyway

Care to tell the other stories?
Congratulations and and whatnot.

Although, yeah, that is just very good luck. If it was a genuine miracle, in the sense that there was a higher power keeping you alive, this sort of thing would presumably happen every time an innocent person was hit by a car.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Good to still have you. I enjoy your posts. And I've had a lot of near misses with cars, never been hit though. Miracles... Honestly can't say I believe in them, at least not that kind. But you've got some serious good luck. That concussion's going to be a pain in the ass for a month or two though...
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Maglun

nah, then people will be like "yeah, not bad.. but Jimmyled did it first, you know. AND much better!"

EDIT: also, congrats on making it, dude! I just realise I posted twice without congratulating you for kicking death in the ass

Quote by Vitor_vdp
Care to tell the other stories?

Well, I was run over when I was three too, and last year I survived severe alcohol poisoning and a good beating, after being in a coma for several hours.
Quote by whalepudding
Congratulations and and whatnot.

Although, yeah, that is just very good luck. If it was a genuine miracle, in the sense that there was a higher power keeping you alive, this sort of thing would presumably happen every time an innocent person was hit by a car.

Thanks!

It's still hard not to feel as if it was some sort of divine intervention, as I've said before...
Quote by Maglun

Quote by CoreysMonster
nah, then people will be like "yeah, not bad.. but Jimmyled did it first, you know. AND much better!"

EDIT: also, congrats on making it, dude! I just realise I posted twice without congratulating you for kicking death in the ass

Thanks, Corey.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Good to still have you. I enjoy your posts. And I've had a lot of near misses with cars, never been hit though. Miracles... Honestly can't say I believe in them, at least not that kind. But you've got some serious good luck. That concussion's going to be a pain in the ass for a month or two though...

Thanks man!
Quote by guitarxo

I didn't... Until you came along, you sexy thing you.

anyway OT, that's another reason to drink excessive amounts of alcohol!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

So moral of the story is, if you're gonna get run over or hit by something, get absolutely smashed beforehand?
Dude you're either Superman or a Zombie.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by RampagingAcorn
Dude you're either Superman or a Zombie.

Total ´mad-ups´ on the zombie thing.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Glad you're ok man
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████