I have a 1995 MIM Stratocaster. I obtained a neck that looks like an American Stratocaster neck. At the base of the neck it says "18 FEB 69 B".

The body that the neck was on had been modified, sculpted, cut, butchered, beyond recognition but the body was made for two pickups and had a part which says "Fender Dynamic Vibrato Pat. No. 3,241,418".

Anyway I put the 69 neck on the MIM Strat, (the neck is really nice, too) and tried to set the intonation but I ran out of adjustment before I got any of the strings in tune in both open and at the 12th fret By run out of adjustment I mean that the string is still flat at the 12th fret and the string cannot be shortened because the saddle screw is too short and the saddle height adjustment screws will hit against the screw (one of six) that holds the bridge on the guitar body.

What can I do to properly adjust the intonation on this guitar?

Will changing the bridge fix this ? and if so, who makes it and what is it called ?

Thanks for any help with this problem.
I belive my Old Mustang has that text on it's bridge/saddle whatever...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I'm not totally sure which direction you ran out of room in, but if the body is so modified, sculpted, cut, and butchered, can't you just mount the bridge a little bit forwards/backwards?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I took the neck off the modified body and put it on the MIM body which is in its original condition.

As I said I ran out of adjustment shortening the string. The saddle can go no closer to the nut because the saddle screw is too short and the saddle height adjustment screws contact the screws that hold the bridge on to the guitar body.

does anyone know how to adjust the intonation in this situation?
backtothe70s:

Thanks. I did research and found that what I have is an old Mustang whose body had been so deformed that the only way I could tell was to find some Mustang bodies online and compare the routings. Same!

So I have a 1969 Fender Mustang ...

Thekeywork: Thanks. You asked the 64,000 dollar question .... DIFFERENT SCALE!!!

And if the info I obtained answering that question is right there is no way that the intonation can ever be properly adjusted when you put a Mustang neck on a MIM Strat body. Too bad, that neck is really nice!!

I have decided to look for a Mustang body .... Thanks for the help folks.
Quote by navigator89789
there is no way that the intonation can ever be properly adjusted when you put a Mustang neck on a MIM Strat body.

Thats not true! The fender mustang neck has a scale length of 24(?) inches, compared to the strats 25.5 inches. Move the bridge closer to the neck! Would be easier if you ditched the trem and got a hardtail, as no routing is required, but it can still be done with a trem. You may have to fill the trem routing and route out more, but would be cheaper than buying a new body. Bear in mind, though, that you will probably need to cut or modify your own pickguard, as a strat pg wouldnt allow enough room for a closer bridge.