I hope this is the right place to post this, sorry if it isn't.

I have a Roland Cube 60. Boss DD-7 delay peddle. Boss RV-5 reverb peddle.

My problem is that if i connect these things to my amp straight (amp->delay->reverb->guitar) then i just get a pretty terrible tone. The reverb and delay do not sound any good (when the amp is on distortion settings)

I read somewhere that the reason for this is because in this 'series' the distortion comes first (already coming from the amp), and that to get a good sound from the delay and reverb the distortion must come last.

I tried this, to quite a good effect with my Boss MD-2 distortion peddle (yes i like Boss), in which case the settings were as such (amp, accoustic->delay->reverb->distortion->guitar). As i said this worked pretty well, and it is not a bad solution to my problem. however as i am sure many might know the MD-2 is not really such a great distortion peddle for heavy metal, or at least i have to work really hard to get a good tone out of it, sometimes so hard that i just give up and use the preset distortion on the amp.

So the problem still remains, and i would like to know if there is anything that i can do so that i can use my reverb and delay peddles, with the built in amp distortion, without getting such a terrible tone? For example maybe it has something to to with the order i set these peddles up, or with where i place the peddles (ex: the various input jacks at the back of the amp). help will be much appreciated.
Tweak the EQ settings? Does it have an effects loop?

Sounds like you're better off just using a distortion pedal tbh, if you just find one you really like the sound of you'd probably be better off using that rather than the distortion on the amp anyway, depending on how the clean channel on it sounds and how well it takes pedals (some solid state amps I've found just don't take pedals very well at all)
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend

????

But serious, first learn how to write your signal chain properly. It'll probably help you. You always start with your guitar, and then write the pedals to your amp. It's pretty logic, because that's the way the signal travels.

So, your signal chain is:
Guitar --> reverb --> delay --> amp

So your distortion comes after the delay and reverb, and not before like you say. Now you are distortion your reverberated and delayed sound, and ideally, you want to reverberate and delay your distorted sound. I don't know if the Cube 60 has an FX loop, I think it does. Place your pedals in the FX loop and see how that sounds.

Also, I would put delay before reverb, but that's just me.
Does your amp have an effects loop? could try to put them in there if that's the case.
Other than that I would suggest you tweak some more. Start with just finding a nice distorted sound you like, then you add some reverb-just a little to give you a more "roomy" sound and then you finally add the delay.

If think you need to find a balance between the reverb and delay since they will work both together and against eachother... hard to explain what I mean but still try some tweaking!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Since that amp, as I believe to not have an FX loop. Unless this picture is wrong.
Usually, I have mine setup, if I had your pedals:
Guitar-Distortion-Delay-Reverb(Delay and reverb can be switched, preference really)
By acoustic, I'm assuming that's an acoustic modeler?
If it is, I think itt goes before the distortion, at the front of your chain.

For Future Reference:
When talking Signal chain, guitar is first, amp is last(Providing no effects loop).
..I was watching my death.
sorry i am very new to experiments with effects. please could you tell me how i should put my pedals (sorry silly of me to spell it wrong in the 1st post) in the FX loop (simple instructions like: output of pedal into the input of amp, or whatever)

just to clarify my amp has these options at the back : Foot SW, which has the options of a single jack for "delay/reverb", a single jack for "efx", a single jack for CH select.

it also has a "line in" jack and a "tuner out" jack.
Like I said. No effects loop in the Cube 60.
You'll want to have a decent distortion pedal, or a new amp.
..I was watching my death.
Yeah, i'm definite that the cube 60 doesn't have a loop.

Guess you're stuck with running a distortion pedal into your delay/reverb then into a clean setting on the amp, unless you want to get a new amp.

haha exactly what he ^ said
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Quote by FreakShow99
however as i am sure many might know the MD-2 is not really such a great distortion peddle for heavy metal, or at least i have to work really hard to get a good tone out of it, sometimes so hard that i just give up and use the preset distortion on the amp.

Learn to EQ.
I have a Boss MD-2 myself, and i use it all the time in my progressive post-metalcore band to make my Laney sound like a Peavey 6505+ in a couple of songs.

Also, it's hard to understand from your post, but are you running the MD-2 through the Cube's clean channel (Jazz Chorus channel), or a distortion channel?
On solid state/modelling amps, stacking OD/distortion pedals with the amps' on-board distortion is usually a bad idea.

Another thing you may want to keep in mind is that modelling amps (like your Roland Cube) usually don't take effects pedals very well.
The digital modelling tends to make a mess of your tone when you use pedals. Just use the on-board effects.

If you want to use effects pedals, it's a better option to get a non-modelling amp.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
thanks for the advice and help.
@linkerman i use the actual clean acoustic, channel. no distortion their at all. Your right, i can get a pretty good tone, the problem is i am as of yet not totally satisfied with it. though as you pointed out i should probably just learn to EQ it a bit better.

I intend to get a new amp at the end of the year (or whenever i have enough money), and ill be sure not to make it a modelling amp
Quote by FreakShow99
@linkerman i use the actual clean acoustic, channel. no distortion their at all.

Wait, so you're using the MD-2 through the Lead/Acoustic channel?

You should run it through the JC Clean channel (and use the bright switch if you want a treblier sound)...
It still won't be perfect, but it will sound better.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by FreakShow99
thanks for the advice and help.
@linkerman i use the actual clean acoustic, channel. no distortion their at all. Your right, i can get a pretty good tone, the problem is i am as of yet not totally satisfied with it. though as you pointed out i should probably just learn to EQ it a bit better.

I intend to get a new amp at the end of the year (or whenever i have enough money), and ill be sure not to make it a modelling amp

If you're using the actual Acoustic channel then you're running through the acoustic simulatore which is not going to end well
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com