hi All,

Can anyone share some good beginner/intermediate bluegrass or blues solos? Non-fingerpicking if possible. Also, if anyone knows of any good books and/or dvds that would be appreciated too.

thanks in advance,
-Tom
where do you live? if the pop. of your town is less that 5,000, go to your music store and there will be a "book" called "pickin' on blue grass" or something along those lines. its only 2 pages, although they're not really pages... its kinda like a folder without pockets i suppose... but anyway, its filled with patterns for flat picking, and it is a fantastic way to start you on the path of writing bluegrass solos.
There is a huge amount of instructional material available. I'd suggest going over to the Flatpickers Hangout site, a dedicated flatpicking site where you will find all manner of tabs for dozens of classic 'grass and country blues tunes.
Many of these are available in the "TEF" format so you can play along at whatever speed you're comfortable with and print out the tabs as well.

Personally, I found that working on bluegrass techniques offered a good grounding for all sorts of playing.
Quote by Bikewer
There is a huge amount of instructional material available. I'd suggest going over to the Flatpickers Hangout site, a dedicated flatpicking site where you will find all manner of tabs for dozens of classic 'grass and country blues tunes.
Many of these are available in the "TEF" format so you can play along at whatever speed you're comfortable with and print out the tabs as well.

Personally, I found that working on bluegrass techniques offered a good grounding for all sorts of playing.

Great site!!! .. Thank You
I would also look on Youtube for some bluegrass videos. There is quite a bit on there, lessons and covers and stuff. You should watch the Foggy Mountain Breakdown on guitar cover I love that video. It's definitely hard, but it is fun to watch.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by the1967mustang
I would also look on Youtube for some bluegrass videos. There is quite a bit on there, lessons and covers and stuff. You should watch the Foggy Mountain Breakdown on guitar cover I love that video. It's definitely hard, but it is fun to watch.

Thanks. I'll check that out