Page 1 of 2
The Pirate Bay are planning on buying an island, to make their own nation which will have no copyright laws whatsoever.

So far, $20578 has been pledged, the project will go ahead if $25000 is pledged by 27th September.

Check it out
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Will their island be recognised as an independent state? If not then what they're doing is pointless.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by ICOG
Will their island be recognised as an independent state? If not then what they're doing is pointless.

This.

However, if it is in fact a recognized nation, this is brilliant.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by ICOG

I'm pretty sure they would have put some thought into this: they've got more than $20000 dollars worth of pledges. I doubt they would be doing this if they weren't sure it would work.

EDIT: Wait, the money isn't for the island at all. It's to hire an editor for their film.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Aug 30, 2010,
Actually, where are they getting this island from? I would have thought that every known island has been claimed by one nation or another.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin

This is pretty awesome.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Am I missing something? The page you linked shows that they're raising money to hire an editing studio and professional editor to make a documentary.

Where did you get the idea they're buying an island?

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Actually now that I look... there is no island mentioned in that article. Where the hell did TS get that idea from???
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
I'm pretty sure they would have put some thought into this: they've got more than $20000 dollars worth of pledges. I doubt they would be doing this if they weren't sure it would work.

EDIT: Wait, the money isn't for the island at all. It's to hire an editor for their film.

wat!

My brother lied to me.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Kilobyte
Am I missing something? The page you linked shows that they're raising money to hire an editing studio and professional editor to make a documentary.

Where did you get the idea they're buying an island?

I just noticed this as well.
TS, I call BS
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by Vauxite
wat!

My brother lied to me.

You didn't even attempt to verify it before you posted that?

Smooth.
Quote by Captain Panda

That's all well and good. But it has nothing to do with the article TS linked, and nothing to do with that donation drive.

The 'island' they're buying is valued at around £504million. Here in the article they're asking for $25,000. The island buying and the TS link are two completely different things, and you shouldn't have to Google to find the correct story, so using LMGTFY in such a case is stupid.

Srsly.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by daytripper75
You didn't even attempt to verify it before you posted that?

Smooth.

Nope. Ha. Oops.

"In January 2007, when the micronation of Sealand was put up for "sale", the ACFI and The Pirate Bay tried to buy it. The Sealand government however did not want to be involved with The Pirate Bay, as it in their opinion represented "theft of proprietary rights". A new plan was formed to buy an island instead, but this too was never implemented, despite the website having raised $20,000 in donations for this cause."

Nevermind. Ignore me.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by ICOG
http://www.thelocal.se/6076/20070112/
There is an island after all.

Yeah, which is worth 500 million pounds. I highly doubt they can afford that.

EDIT: I'm sorry TS.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Aug 30, 2010,
Quote by daytripper75
That story is also over 3 years old.

Ah whoops. Guess I'm as good as TS at checking sources.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin

Haha right, and then after they're recognized as an independent state, we won't be there protect them from thieves.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by ICOG

It would appear so.

After 4 years of university I've learned to always check my sources.
Quote by Vauxite
Nevermind. Ignore me.

I will.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Quote by ICOG

At least you actually read the article before you posted it.

Quote by Scumbag1792
Actually to be fair, one of the first things they mention in the documentary promo is about them trying to buy an island. Not a complete 'fail' on OP's behalf.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
We should just turn this thread into a discussion on how badass the country of Sealand is. I'll start us off. Sealand is ****ing badass.
Did no one stop to think that $25,000 isn't enough to buy a shitty little house, let alone an island.

The money is for them to make a movie.
Quote by archangels
They've raised twenty grand from people who won't even pay ten bucks for an album?

But seriously, I'm excited for their documentary. They're like Rosa Parks, except instead of fighting for equal rights, they're fighting for free CDs and movies. But you know, it's basically the same.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by integralbirth
Semi-related, since The Pirate Bay attempted to buy Sealand

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/integralbirth/pictures/personal/861289/

i think this guy get mega-owned. I did some light reading and apparently you cannot buy titles other than "baron." So that guy's piece of paper claiming he is now a Lord is simply an expensive piece of paper. (unless i missed something)
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by element4433

But seriously, I'm excited for their documentary. They're like Rosa Parks, except instead of fighting for equal rights, they're fighting for free CDs and movies. But you know, it's basically the same.

Well....almost

And your name is very purple today. Unless it was purple before, but I could have sworn it was green
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Page 1 of 2