I have an LTD guitar equipped with EMG60 in the neck and EMG81 in the bridge. Recently, when I plug it in through my POD X3, there is a very annoying hum/buzz coming out of the guitar. This hum grows significantly louder when I switch pickup towards the bridge and not change at all when I touch any metal part of the guitar. However, when I let it stand straight up on my leg, the hum disappears (the position which V-shaped guitar players rest their guitars when playing sitting down). But when I let it back to the normal position (the usual position when you play a strat-type guitar sitting down), the hum is back again. Also, when I change the direction in which I'm facing, the hum changes, either louder or lower.

I've been researching about this problem but have yet to find a solution as well as its cause. As when I touch any metallic parts, the hum doesn't change so I doubt it is a grounding problem.

Have you ever experienced this before ? Please help

Thank you very much
Is there a computer or TV near you?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
@Offworld92:

Yes, I'm playing right in front of my laptop. When I face it directly, the hum deaden. And behind me is a TV. However, I've been playing like this forever and this problem only arises recently
Hm. I don't know. Maybe something happened to the ground wire. You should open it up and make sure everything's still connected inside.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X