So, i hold the bass fairly high up, its just more comfortable. Out of curiousity, who are some death/black metal bassists who play up high. I know alit of guys in tech bands like cynic and necrophagist do but anyone else
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"
I think Alex Webster does, but then again its been years since i've seen a cannibal corpse video. If you mean you're after bassists who wear their bass very high and still manage to thrash around, while possibly not to your musical tastes, Dan Briggs does that (arguebly :p ) very well.
bassist from rise to remain holds his bass up very high almost near his chin
Arif Mirabdolbaghi has his bass up quite high. Not exactly death metal, but it's the closet I could think of.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by GrStMyGn
I think Alex Webster does, but then again its been years since i've seen a cannibal corpse video. If you mean you're after bassists who wear their bass very high and still manage to thrash around, while possibly not to your musical tastes, Dan Briggs does that (arguebly :p ) very well.

Exactly or still looks cool atleast. I know webster does but i think its more of an average height. But look at ihsahn from emperor (he plays guitar but ya know) he plays way up and is still a badass
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"
Quote by Rain_In_Blood
So, i hold the bass fairly high up, its just more comfortable. Out of curiousity, who are some death/black metal bassists who play up high. I know alit of guys in tech bands like cynic and necrophagist do but anyone else
Most "advanced" players do it because it is more comfortable and lets you play better, after a point you look rather silly though.

Joe Lester, Lars Norberg, Arthur von Nagel, Jeroen Thesseling, Tony Choy, Roger Patterson (I've seen rehearsal videos and such), Eric Langlois, Forest Lapointe, Erlend Caspersen, Steve DiGiorgio...
the dude from btbam does it, but they arent death metal
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by Steve08
Most "advanced" players do it because it is more comfortable and lets you play better

For you maybe. Don't generalise.
The dude from Origin does it, and he's amazing.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
the bassist from Korn plays his bass upright as well (cant remember his name)
"Music is felt through our soul, not heard with our ears" - Sully Erna

Current Gear:
Ibanez SR755 5-string bass
Acoustic B10 amplifier
Line 6 POD UX1
@LoweRider and 09phillt: ...What?!

@CurbstompBass: That's not all true. It's all based on comfortable, has nothing to do with skill. It's like saying all "advanced" guitarists hold their guitar high up. I've seen many, many very talented guitarist hold it at their waist.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Manny something or other from Glass Jaw plays pretty high up. I'm talking pretty much chin height lol. Its actually kind of funny
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.