if i was to change the tubes on my peavey valveking combo what should i change them to and how much roughly does it cost?
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
I have the same amp. I replaced the power tubes in mine awhile back. I replaced them with a pair of Winged C tubes. Honestly, I think I paid $40 or $50. Doing that cleaned up the amp quite a bit and got rid of the hum. My VK112 is now as quiet as my Mesa or Rivera.

I think I bought them from Tube Depot.
i did look but as i explained to someone earlia, it all goes way above my head, its all new to me. id much rather prefer if i adk a question and someone would answere with an understandable explanation, afterall, isnt that what forums are for?
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
if you are selling it why bother, if you are keeping it then put some jj 6l6gc`s in the power section

for the preamp

mullard 12ax7 in V1
sovtek lps12ax7 in v3
jj 12ax7 in v3
Quote by ibanezgod1973
if you are selling it why bother, if you are keeping it then put some jj 6l6gc`s in the power section

for the preamp

mullard 12ax7 in V1
sovtek lps12ax7 in v3
jj 12ax7 in v3

The mullard actually sounds smoother in V2, really smooths out the gain channel. Adn the sovtek LPS in V3, and the JJ in V1, I think you got your V's messed up.

To fully retube the 112 it's close to $80
Quote by ethan_hanus
The mullard actually sounds smoother in V2, really smooths out the gain channel. Adn the sovtek LPS in V3, and the JJ in V1, I think you got your V's messed up.

To fully retube the 112 it's close to $80

probably but i`m nursing a almighty migraine at the mo so forgive me if i have........
Email Doug at DougsTubes.com, tell him what kind of sound you want out of it and what you don't like about it now.

Buy whatever he says.

???

Profit $$$
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I replaced mine with 4 JJ6L6GC's and a Tung sol 12ax7 in V1 (closest to input) a JJ12ax7 in V2 (next to V1) and a Sovtek 12ax7 LPS in V3 (by the Powertubes). Overall it cost me around £80-90 and I got them from Watford Valves website. Have a look on here, its got loads of info on the valveking: http://ultimate-guitar-valveking.wikispaces.com/

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm