Page 1 of 2
My best friend growing up was black. He is going to college, and three parents of students in the band are not letting their kids go to school now just because he is in the band and is black, they actually called him on the phone and told him that and that "it's the way we were brought up." Now, we aren't in the hickerbilly south, we are in Michigan, and the city (Kalamazoo) has a large black population. How the **** can people actually still be this way?

CLARIFICATION EDIT: I asked him for more details. He said the kids are in Kalamazoo Central high school (where Obama spoke at their graduation), and their parents are forbidding them from attending extra-curricular activities. He said they are in the band. I misunderstood him, but yea.

Because like there aren't any black people in KC high school
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Last edited by Gibson_SG_uzr55 at Aug 30, 2010,
That does sound pretty ****ed man. Could you explain their reasoning a bit more? I'm not sure I understood what you meant about the band.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
The school's marching band. And he got along with those kids, it's their parents that are the idiots
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
The school band? If that's the case - good, he shouldn't have to deal with their bigotry.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
My best friend growing up was black. He is going to college, and three parents of students in the band are not letting their kids go to school now just because he is in the band and is black, they actually called him on the phone and told him that and that "it's the way we were brought up." Now, we aren't in the hickerbilly south, we are in Michigan, and the city (Kalamazoo) has a large black population. How the **** can people actually still be this way?

So he isn't black anymore?
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Oh, Kalamazoo, how I love you and hate you at the same time. Let those dickwads be racist, and if stuff actually goes down, contact the ACLU. Let the racists isolate themselves and become less and less a part of society.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
By the sounds of things even if they let him in he still would have been treated like shit, so it's probably better that he didn't.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
The school's marching band. And he got along with those kids, it's their parents that are the idiots

this is college, right? so, the kids are over 18? then what the hell does it matter what their parents say?
I like black people, they make my shoes shiny!

More shine boy, more shine! Don't make me whip you!

Seriously though, the world's still full of racists. Like there was a whole racist shabang or something in Bradford a few days/ weeks ago.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Is he the only black guy there...?
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by guitarsftw
Oh, Kalamazoo, how I love you and hate you at the same time. Let those dickwads be racist, and if stuff actually goes down, contact the ACLU. Let the racists isolate themselves and become less and less a part of society.

I suggested the same about the ACLU, and he said they aren't actually preventing him from attending school or anything like that, so i dont think there is anything he can do about that
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I call bullshit on this. I know Michigan is cold, but how could he be the only black kid to try and join the band?

EDIT: I just remembered that the Gibson factory used to be in Kalamazoo. heh, cool
Last edited by CaptDin at Aug 30, 2010,
if the world was just, this would be why hate crimes occur.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Maglun
Why are there so many threads involving black people lately?

Okay, i talked to my friend more about it because i was confused by the details. I got the original story wrong by misunderstanding what he was trying to say. I editted to OP for you
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Okay, i talked to my friend more about it because i was confused by the details. I got the original story wrong by misunderstanding what he was trying to say. I editted to OP for you

ಠ_ಠ
This is why I am embarresed to be white. It doesn't matter the way you were brought up. I'm sure if I was brought up to hate black people, evantually I would realize how wrong it is. Just the other night I watched the movie Crash that basically deals with the same type of story. It's just a ****ing color, why is it the biggest problem in this country?
Sure I make racist jokes all the time, but it's always disappointing to see someone who's legitimately racist.
Interviewer: What types of super-powers would you want if you could have them?

The Rev: I’d like to be invisible so I could kill Johnny
Johnny: I’d want to be invisible so the Rev couldn’t find me

ARANEA
My Band
Quote by geigercou1
This is why I am embarresed to be white. It doesn't matter the way you were brought up. I'm sure if I was brought up to hate black people, evantually I would realize how wrong it is. Just the other night I watched the movie Crash that basically deals with the same type of story. It's just a ****ing color, why is it the biggest problem in this country?

Most of the racists I know are more like "lol@black people behind their back" racist, not like, KKK racist. And then you have the "closet" racist who will claim not to be racist, but he's the guy who locks the doors to his Prius when he sees a black guy on the street.... yeah.
this kind of sucks especially since the tone itself is pretty liberal. I actually attended k college and student taught at norrix. I spent a lot of time at K Central. This is really surprising. You should bring it up to the papers.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Your friend should rob them and rape their daughter then say "It's the way I was brought up."
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
What that man said^
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
I'm sure everyone understands the hate for Black people stereotypes, like being in gangs, and wearing their pants all the way to the ground, and talking with the most ridiculous slang. But that's to be expected. I'm sure the black people that don't do that are ashamed to be black because of them, just like some people are ashamed to be white because of Hate groups, or slavery.
Quote by DeadlyIllness
Suprisingly, the North seems to be more racist than the south now...

Michigan is in the Midwest.
michigan is in the Midwest.

It's one of the states that borders Canada, I think it can be considered North.
Well racism won't disappear over night. Another generation or 2 and we'll all be ok with black dudes bangin' our sisters and our moms.
Quote by geigercou1
It's one of the states that borders Canada, I think it can be considered North.

Well holy shit, you're right! I was thinking it was further over to the left.
Quote by MakinLattes
this is college, right? so, the kids are over 18? then what the hell does it matter what their parents say?
If their parents are paying for their school, yes...it does matter.
Wow Gib that's fucked up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It's understanable. People used to make fun of me cause I look white, I'm 100% Mexican, and I went to school in Greenfield, a total Mexican town, and it just doesn't feel good. They used to make fun of me by telling me things in Spanish, not knowing I understood, and when I would tell them off they were shocked. Everything changed in HS though, alot more people moved there and now it's pretty diverse.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by Andrea55
It's understanable. People used to make fun of me cause I look white, I'm 100% Mexican, and I went to school in Greenfield, a total Mexican town, and it just doesn't feel good. They used to make fun of me by telling me things in Spanish, not knowing I understood, and when I would tell them off they were shocked. Everything changed in HS though, alot more people moved there and now it's pretty diverse.

Please explain it to me. Take your time. I have all day.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2