Page 3 of 386
Still got my Jackson DR7, I love this thing! :3

Pr0ns:

Currently strung up with D'addario super lites, 7 string set of course. (09-11-16-24-32-42-54)

Quote by SlayingDragons
Still got my Jackson DR7, I love this thing! :3

Pr0ns:

*guitfiddle*

Currently strung up with D'addario super lites, 7 string set of course. (09-11-16-24-32-42-54)

Looking pretty good dude, is that a standard 25.5" scale?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Yep.

Very good, couldn't get along with the .54 in standard myself, I was using a .56. Then I tuned down anyway and had to go up to a .60 anyway

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
whats this, a jackson without a trem??

Quote by lern2swim
SYL,how do you like the Miracle Man? I'm trying to figure out which pups to put in my Intrepid and Zimbloth recommended a pair of them.

for the little bit that ive played it through a tube amp, it was amazingly tight and clear. tomorrow, assuming i have band practice with that band, ill bring it along and force it to make love to my carvin and ill give you a short report on how well they get along. im not good at comparing different pups or describing characteristics like everyone else can, but i am good at knowing when i dont like something. so ill let you know if there is anything bad that stands out.

Quote by AngryGoldfish
Jesse, you need to put another BKP in there. It will look the SHIZ.

right now my wallet would yell at me if i did such a thing but really im still undecided about whether im keeping this guitar. ever since i had the stock nut replaced (it had to be done) it just hasnt felt right and acoustically it doesnt sound like my other guitars. i recently replaced the bone nut with one from graphtech and i really need to jam on it in a band setting for a while to decide if i still like it.

once i decide that, then i can move forward with my decision to get a Q tuner. ive always wanted to try one.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Aug 31, 2010,
Nice friggin' axes in here!!
I have a Jackson COW 7 and love it. Had a couple 7-strings and this is the one i've kept (though I regret selling my LTD SC 607 though! Nice axe!!)
Jackson COW7
BC Rich IT Jr. V (EMG's!)
LTD VB400

Peavey 5150 w/ 5150 cab

BOSS, Maxon and Visual Sound effect
I'm thinking of ordering an Agile Septor Pro 725.
Anyone had experience with them?
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I wish I could but I'm not close enough to be able to do it realistically, especially seeing as how I can't drive

Grab a train or something, I'm hopping down from Edinburgh!
Quote by Mwoit
Grab a train or something, I'm hopping down from Edinburgh!

You sir, are officially crazy
Nah, I couldn't afford to do something like that anyway, right now my income is restricted to Jobseekers allowance and that's about to be cut heavily anyway as I'm going back to college and have to stop claiming.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by SYLrules88
for the little bit that ive played it through a tube amp, it was amazingly tight and clear. tomorrow, assuming i have band practice with that band, ill bring it along and force it to make love to my carvin and ill give you a short report on how well they get along. im not good at comparing different pups or describing characteristics like everyone else can, but i am good at knowing when i dont like something. so ill let you know if there is anything bad that stands out.

right now my wallet would yell at me if i did such a thing but really im still undecided about whether im keeping this guitar. ever since i had the stock nut replaced (it had to be done) it just hasnt felt right and acoustically it doesnt sound like my other guitars. i recently replaced the bone nut with one from graphtech and i really need to jam on it in a band setting for a while to decide if i still like it.

once i decide that, then i can move forward with my decision to get a Q tuner. ive always wanted to try one.
That's a shame. You really quite liked that one, from a guess.

I also know what you mean regarding changing things and not feeling quite right with the updated version. Sometimes, when you change something that affects the ringiness (?) of the guitar, you feel different about it. You can rewire the guitar with new pick-ups without concern, but altering the sustain and feel can certainly change your opinion on the instrument.

Quote by AustinxAtomic
I'm thinking of ordering an Agile Septor Pro 725.
Anyone had experience with them?
Go for he 727. You still have all the characterstics of the 725, but with the additional ability to tune lower than standard B. The extended neck is certainly easy to get accustomed to, so don't worry about that.

Quote by conor1148
Thought i'd let you guys know, once my 12 (may do a 13) string short-scale warr guitar is done, my next idea is a neck through multiscale.

it all depends on how well fretting goes for me

I will join your ranks soon!

Quote by natehimself
can i join? :3

i bought a douglas sr 370 today, and am buying a ibanez 7620 in the next week or so.
... and if you start posting regularly and helping out, maybe you will added to the list of Legionnaires. Prove yourself.

Quote by mmolteratx
Min (AcousticMirror) got a new 7 and demands that he get to play with the cool kids. pr0n as a bribe.

He also wants to know if it's okay to tune to adadaad and play slide on it.
That looks sweet. I'm surprised it's a fretless one, though. And the neck looks quite short.
You may join, certainly. Link up your signature with this thread and start posting.

After time, if you've posted helpful comments, you'll be added to the Legion.
i want a 7 string pl0x right now.

Thing is, there's so much other stuff i need
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
can we get more shots of that one wesbanez? that finish looks really nice and i wanna see it from different angles!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Just recently started playing seven's, so yeah, here's my Carparelli (Dot-on-shaft) JR-7

Completely forgot to change the link in my sig

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
There's no real conditions for joining (aside from owning an ERG of some kind) but joining doesn't automatically get you a rank, just link to the thread in your sig and that's basically you in. You could also join the group but I don't think anyone pays attention to those anymore
Pretty sure we had a member who didnt have an ERG, cant remember who though lol

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by nishthefish
Just recently started playing seven's, so yeah, here's my Carparelli (Dot-on-shaft) JR-7

*Sexy guitar pics*[./IMG]

That's probably the sexiest thing I've seen all day.
Quote by Absent Mind
Pretty sure we had a member who didnt have an ERG, cant remember who though lol

I was ranked for a while before I got my RG but I had stated my intent to get one in many threads and done my research quite well. It's definitely not normal anyway

That Caparelli is just beautiful, love it instantly.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by godofshred
beautiful!

+1
I appreciate this guitar. A lot.
I'd like to try an 18v modded EMG 7, as I was never too interested in regular EMG's.
More pictures, please!
Quote by bowen
+1
I appreciate this guitar. A lot.
I'd like to try an 18v modded EMG 7, as I was never too interested in regular EMG's.
More pictures, please!

More pictures will follow tomorrow if the weather holds out, will take her in the garden and take some naughty pics (as long as the neighbors aren't looking :P)

And seriously dude, you have to hear EMGs running at 18v to believe the difference. Soooo much more open and natural sounding (I know that sounds like a cliche but its true), and you still get teh chugga br00tz when you crank that shit.
Last edited by Wesbanez at Aug 31, 2010,
^ I really cba to do it though :/

i like my emg's just about as they are. Anyway thats a sweet 7 string you have there
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Wesbanez
More pictures will follow tomorrow if the weather holds out, will take her in the garden and take some naughty pics (as long as the neighbors aren't looking :P)

And seriously dude, you have to hear EMGs running at 18v to believe the difference. Soooo much more open and natural sounding (I know that sounds like a cliche but its true), and you still get teh chugga br00tz when you crank that shit.

You definitely have me intrigued. I was turned off of EMG's because they lacked all of those things.
I'll do the mod on my co-guitarists guitar and see how it is. He shouldn't mind
woo, 260 more dollars to my 7 string fund on Thursday, (selling my new xbox 360 slim, and MW2)
That will give me 860.
Someone is wanting to sell me an RG7321 with an SKB hardshell case for 225.
Should I do that?
Or shoot for something like an Agile, or better?
I don't have a problem spending a lot of my money.
But if I could hold some of it back towards my preamp fund, it'd be great.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
^I agree. I've seen some stripped down RG7621's and 7421's that have a better wood grain than some prestige models that Ibanez have made for the exclusive Japanese market. This guitar seems to follow that trend as well!
If anyone can get this guy to ship, this could be a deal for someone... If I liked Ibbys, Id consider it, but alas, Im saving for a septor 827.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/msg/1922510878.html
Curious question...

I pawned my latest 7 string because it wasn't giving me the tone I was looking for (25.5" scale will do that :/)

I put money down on a PRS Baritone 6 string...can I still be in or am I out???
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by CamaroEric+
If anyone can get this guy to ship, this could be a deal for someone... If I liked Ibbys, Id consider it, but alas, Im saving for a septor 827.

http://daytona.craigslist.org/msg/1922510878.html

damn thats mighty tempting. ive passed on a few of these all for just about the same price. im kind of leaning away from them now since i keep seeing people complain that they are quite neck heavy. i never stood up with my xiphos so i dont know if it would be enough to bug the hell out of me or not.

Quote by ^-^
Jeez, I don't check in for a week and you guys start a new thread!

Also, does anyone know a seven string bridge for a headless guitar with a piezo pick-up installed?

the only piezo system i know of really is the graphtech Ghost system. i dont know what kind of bridge you were wanting but i imagine its something different than a floating trem or a TOM and more like a hipshot? you might just have to buy one of the piezo kits and then 7 saddles. then again, i remember reading about someone on SS.org having an issue with wiring up a 7 string guitar with a piezo system. something about how the 7th saddle has to be wired in conjunction with one of the other saddles?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Glad you like my natural RG, you're right about the basswood grain, its pretty beautiful Not at all like you'd expect basswood to look.

Bowen, these actually no need to get your soldering iron out and start mucking about with stuff thats hard to undo... have a look for something like this in Canada
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Get that naughty clingfilm off the pick-up.

Looks fantastic. The headstock is a weird one.

Yeah, the headstock is wierdly shaped, it plays well, so the headstock's 'wierdness' doesnt really affect me.

EDIT: Just saw that natural RG, the white one also... BEAUTIFUL... Frickin' awesome axes! I have a thing for natural finishes too.
Last edited by nishthefish at Sep 1, 2010,
I want a seven-string guitar really badly...
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Quote by Snap017
Curious question...

I pawned my latest 7 string because it wasn't giving me the tone I was looking for (25.5" scale will do that :/)

I put money down on a PRS Baritone 6 string...can I still be in or am I out???
Sure.

You don't just get added to the Legion simply because you have an ERG. You are added because you help out and post regularly, and because the Field Marshall's like you.