Page 4 of 386
Quote by Wesbanez
OK as promised, money shots of the Ibby

*pics*

(Obligatory UG 'cat with gear' shot)

That is very very nice looking... aside from the slightly "ghetto" battery arrangement

Also... KITTY!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Haha the "ghetto" battery arrangement will be sorted once I get some time off work and can get back into the shop with my trusty chisels... literally only needs a few mm's taken off the cavity and two 9vs will fit nice and snug
All these refinished RGs make me want to refinish mine...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
That is gorgeous.

There was one similar to that on eBay for ages. It began at a ridiculous price - even with a broken pick-up - and gradually came down in price, still to something expensive of course.

Your kitty does not look impressed as we are. He does appreciate the fine art of the br00tz.
It probably was the one you saw on the bay, I was watching it for ages before it came down to a sensible price.

I got rid of the broken pickup and routed it out for another EMG at the neck. Also, the finish was pretty poor when I bought it, very roughly sanded and just linseed oil.

Some pics of my restoration, including neck pup routing, fret dressing, completely new pickups and electronics and of course properly sanding the body and applying a very nice cellulose finish:

Last edited by Wesbanez at Sep 1, 2010,
Was it worth it in the end? It certainly looks like it was. You did a very nice job.

I always thought that guitar looked fantastic, but was obviously way too expensive.
Certainly was worth it, I love this thing. Neck is a dream to play, the pickups are amazing (more so at 18v) and I love it even more now Ive put some hours into it myself

How much would you consider expensive? I don't mind revealing I paid pretty much the same price as an RG 7321 costs new today, around £400.
£400 is about right. It was a very unique looking RG, so I think more than the average bidding price on eBay was fair.

The last time I saw it, though, it was around £550 - which isn't. But that's not necessarily up to me to decide. If you thought £550 was reasonable and proceeded to pay for it, then that is what the guitar was worth.
Quote by Wesbanez
It probably was the one you saw on the bay, I was watching it for ages before it came down to a sensible price.

I got rid of the broken pickup and routed it out for another EMG at the neck. Also, the finish was pretty poor when I bought it, very roughly sanded and just linseed oil.

Some pics of my restoration, including neck pup routing, fret dressing, completely new pickups and electronics and of course properly sanding the body and applying a very nice cellulose finish:

That pic is literally the most artistic looking pic I've seen on UG. Really brings out the finish. Wonderful job on the RG, man. Wish I had one.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

thanks for the additional pics webanez! i especially like the, dare i call it FIGURING on the back of the body. if i had a basswood body that looked like that, i might even be so bold as to put some sort of transparent finish on it!

nice cat photo! its cute but it doesn't look like it wants to be in the picture speaking of cats, why is it that so many guys who like metal also like cute little furry cats? seems like the two wouldn't go hand in hand but somehow they do. hell i love cats as well!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
thanks for the additional pics webanez! i especially like the, dare i call it FIGURING on the back of the body. if i had a basswood body that looked like that, i might even be so bold as to put some sort of transparent finish on it!

nice cat photo! its cute but it doesn't look like it wants to be in the picture speaking of cats, why is it that so many guys who like metal also like cute little furry cats? seems like the two wouldn't go hand in hand but somehow they do. hell i love cats as well!

That cat looks more like a panther, which is potentially the most metal cat in existence.

And cats are awesome because when you do pinch harmonics they start tripping out...at least mine do. :P
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by SYLrules88
speaking of cats, why is it that so many guys who like metal also like cute little furry cats? seems like the two wouldn't go hand in hand but somehow they do. hell i love cats as well!

This should explain it all.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That white Ibanez looks amazing. I've always had a soft spot for black on white bindings if the rest of the guitar looked appealing as well.
Thanks for those additional pictures Wesbanez, quite the axe you've got there
My cat sits outside my practise shed listening to me play guitar and drums, and when I come out, she goes nuts. It's only because I'm the one that feeds her, but I still appreciate it.
Hey guys, what's up. My name is Steve. I come from Indiana and I've been playing my seven string for 3 years now. It's an Ibanez 7321 that I've modified a bit since I bought it. It has a DiMarzio D'Sonic 7 in the bridge and a DiMarzio D'Activator in the neck. I also added faux binding and two racing stripes using 1/4'' pinstriping tape. This is what it looks like:

and this is what I look like:

^ As you can see, I am a baller.

Have any of you guys heard Ion Dissonance's new album "Cursed"? It's pretty ridiculous. It sounds to me like Meshuggah if they were all on crystal meth. It's extremely aggressive and heavy, but at the same time really distraught and at times annoying. It just seems to me they wanted to write as sporadically as they could, but in doing so produced a lot of songs that have nothing memorable about them whatsoever. I mean I understand they're called "Ion DISSONANCE" but they play so many high pitched dissonant chords on this album that it just starts grinding on my nerves when I'm trying to drive to work. Really the only songs I can say that I like on it are the intro track "Cursed" and the bonus track "Pallor" in which there are surprisingly well done clean vocal melodies.
Ion Dissonance... I should check them Montrealers out...

Also... I see this thread is pretty popular huh?
I miss a day and I miss 5 pages of stuff? Oh well, I was at my uni initiation...
Oh well, was there any important news I missed out? I didn't read all that stuff I missed...
Glad you guys appreciate the pics, Im quite proud of her as you might have guessed!

Ill post some tone demos at some point and you can hear her scream and snort
Entered. Hell yeah man!
Goldfish, can you sticky the contest? It's for a good cause. Please?
Quote by StringsOfSeven
Have any of you guys heard Ion Dissonance's new album "Cursed"?

Just checked out a couple of tracks... it's really boring. Dissonance all the time with no contrast is just dull.

Entered the pickup thing as well, here's hoping

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by bowen
Entered. Hell yeah man!
Goldfish, can you sticky the contest? It's for a good cause. Please?
I told godofshred this as well, I don't have control over Electric Guitar. But I will contact someone who does.
Will join shortly for the pick up. I think all of that is very nice. It is nice to give away for Cancer Research and it is nice from BKP to have this contest!

But just a short question... if I'm to pay shipping if I win, is it shipping from UK to Canada or US to Canada or what is it??
Quote by Space frog
Will join shortly for the pick up. I think all of that is very nice. It is nice to give away for Cancer Research and it is nice from BKP to have this contest!

But just a short question... if I'm to pay shipping if I win, is it shipping from UK to Canada or US to Canada or what is it??

Well I know it'll definitely be shipping from the UK to Canada in your case (or where ever for everyone else) but I think Nick (godofshred) said to me he'd take postage costs out of the money from the entrants... either that or pay it himself, I forget which now.

... Probably the first one.

EDIT: Ignore all that.

I'm an idiot and can't read obviously. It's from the UK, both Tim from BKP and Nick are in the UK.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Sep 1, 2010,
itll be a little longer till i join you guys, HUGE setback with my 12 string..

i'll be needing more wood
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
itll be a little longer till i join you guys, HUGE setback with my 12 string..

i'll be needing more wood

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

ha, thanks.

basically, its the middle insert for a neck through, so no more neck-through. a bolt on is possible, but i'm going to be a little whiney bitch and demand that i make a neck through, no matter how in-debt it makes me.

i'll most definitely save the neck for a customer or something. i imagine that could help sell it if its gonna becheaper due to that.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Gaaaaaah, I want a 7 string.

But I keep getting eBay sniped on any used rg7321 that I bid on. Its one of the few lower priced 7 strings that I don't hate playing though. Goddamn Australia.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by silly hats at Sep 2, 2010,
Hooray! The BKP online store has finally been updated! Now you can get covered 7 stringer pups without emailing Tim! The Pig-90 still isn't in there though

Sucks that you Aussies get royally shafted on prices silly hats, we always need more rank-and-file legionairres

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by enselmis
Can I join?! Where do I apply? I can post pics of my Walnut Carvin 727 if you want?

It's all covered in the first post my friend: join by posting in the thread and/or having a link to the thread in your sig, please do post pics we all love some good pr0n (last thread Ippon seemed to make it his purpose to make sure every page had some) and if you want a rank you have to prove your worth in the eyes of the Marshalls

Never ask for a rank, it won't get you anywhere

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Sep 2, 2010,
Tx for shipping info Zaph!

Also I want to see sexy pictures of a sexy walnut sexy carvin. Hope there's some naked ladies next to it huh?

And also again, I might get this: http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorprobduncan727triredq.html
once again Agiles are probably the best deal around town...

Edit: huh? what's the difference between the interceptor pro and the interceptor pro b? both have identical specs and blackouts but the pro b is 50$ more... might get a green interceptor with duncans then for 750$...
Last edited by Space frog at Sep 2, 2010,
I've decided to cut my food budget and invest in a 7 stringer in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to my local shop and see how I like them... again.

I've played a 7321 almost everytime I go to the shop, I just need to convince myself to go the next step.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣