Page 5 of 386
Quote by Space frog
Tx for shipping info Zaph!

Also I want to see sexy pictures of a sexy walnut sexy carvin. Hope there's some naked ladies next to it huh?

And also again, I might get this: http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorprobduncan727triredq.html
once again Agiles are probably the best deal around town...

Edit: huh? what's the difference between the interceptor pro and the interceptor pro b? both have identical specs and blackouts but the pro b is 50$ more... might get a green interceptor with duncans then for 750$...
I don't know. That's strange.

I seriously doubt you'll be unhappy with the Agile. I played an Interceptor Pro before and it was a great instrument, especially for the price. And yes, they are the best deals around, unless you count second-hand gear.

They should have no problem shipping to Canada as well. I bet they do it regularly.
Quote by Wesbanez
Chance for somebody to grab a bargain here! Id be straight on this if I didn't already have a 7621

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-7-String-Guitar-PARTS-/230518853223?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item35abfe8e67

Damn, that is one hell of a bargain, if only I had the money!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Hooray! The BKP online store has finally been updated! Now you can get covered 7 stringer pups without emailing Tim! The Pig-90 still isn't in there though

I ordered mine without emailing Tim back in July. Hrm.

Also, I've changed plans about the Basick Birthday Party and won't be going. Missing Chimp Spanner live!

Ah well, Monuments is coming up to Scotland. Hurrah!
I still remember when the first 7/ERG thread was made but I never thought it would be so popular that it would end up outgrowing itself so a new thread had to be made! xD

oh well, I better get posting then! No fun without some contributes, right? ^^

My Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR - still going strong! Unbelievably nice guitar which I absolutely love!

My BC Rich Warlock NJ7 - I've been trying to sell it because it was only collecting dust after I bought the Loomis, but for some reason I started playing it again recently which, for now, have made me chance my mind, so I'll keep it for now!

Also, I have a question for you guys! I've been thinking about saving up for an 8string, and I kind of have my eye on a Schecter C8 Blackjack ATX for two reasons:
1) it's available here in Europe (I'm from Denmark so anything that can't be bought in Europe is no-go!)
2) it's not incredible expensive. Costs about the same as I payed for my Loomis. I can buy the Schecter C8 for 7800 danish kroner as opposed to the Ibanez RG2228 which costs around 12000 at best!

Is there any other 8string guitars that would be worth looking at? Money is not a problem but I don't want to pay too much for a new guitar (trying to save up for a Ford Mustang 1964!) xD

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Last edited by TheBloodstained at Sep 4, 2010,
^ I bought an Agile Septor 8 and shipped it to Denmark for 5.500 DKK total

And it's the only non custom 8 with passives, which means there's the possibility of coil split and pup change, which you don't get from the others without routing.

Not that a pup change is necessary really, as the Cepheus 8's are quite excellent pickups.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Sep 3, 2010,
Quote by Våd Hamster
And it's the only non custom 8 with passives, which means there's the possibility of coil split and pup change, which you don't get from the others without routing.

You mean without having huge gaping crevices around your pups if you switch to passives. I don't think you'd have to route if going from active to passive. You'd just be stuck with the larger routes. Which is worse, in my opinion.
Quote by Våd Hamster
^ I bought an Agile Septor 8 and shipped it to Denmark for 5.500 DKK total

Not that a pup change is necessary really, as the Cepheus 8's are quite excellent pickups.

I'm guessing that it is the natural colored one you have pictures of in your profile?
Damn sexy beast btw! Totally love that reverse headstock!
How's the neck? Can you compare it with a Schecter neck by any chance?

oh yeah, and then I'm wondering how you imported it so cheap! We usually have a lot of customs/taxes to pay here in Denmark when we import stuff, so did you do anything special in order to get it so cheap or did you have to pay some annoying taxes and stuff?

....and you can answer me in danish if you want. I'm only writing in english so the other UG'ers can follow this conversation and maybe contribute with things and stuff (and also I kind of need to refresh my english! It's a bit rusty!) ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by lern2swim
You mean without having huge gaping crevices around your pups if you switch to passives. I don't think you'd have to route if going from active to passive. You'd just be stuck with the larger routes. Which is worse, in my opinion.

Ah yeah, that's the way it was- Well there's pickups rings for that, which are totally not my thing, but it's another possibility.

Quote by TheBloodstained
I'm guessing that it is the natural colored one you have pictures of in your profile?
Damn sexy beast btw! Totally love that reverse headstock!
How's the neck? Can you compare it with a Schecter neck by any chance?

oh yeah, and then I'm wondering how you imported it so cheap! We usually have a lot of customs/taxes to pay here in Denmark when we import stuff, so did you do anything special in order to get it so cheap or did you have to pay some annoying taxes and stuff?

....and you can answer me in danish if you want. I'm only writing in english so the other UG'ers can follow this conversation and maybe contribute with things and stuff (and also I kind of need to refresh my english! It's a bit rusty!) ^^

Right, you Legionaries will have to excuse me for a second then

Yep, det er den- Jeg har en C7 Hellraiser, og den er lidt fladere end den (og så selvfølgelig lidt bredere) Båndene på 8eren er lidt lavere, og radius er også fladere, men IMO gør det den nemmere at spille på. Meget 'organisk' instrument på en måde, totalt anderledes i lyden. Men godt spiller den altså, hvis man sætter den op efter ens behov selvfølgelig

Og jo der kom self moms på, men det er kun 35% ca, og når guitaren kun koster 4000kr i sig selv kunne det godt betale sig. Men dengang jeg købte min var det for 600$ ligeud, og dollaren var lavere dengang- nu går samme model for 650 og jeg mener dollaren er lavere, så du skal nok regne med 6- 6.500 for den nu til dags :/
i havent asked for guitar advice in a long time...

have any of you played or heard from those who have played this years schecter C-7 custom? im going to need something to replace my washburn as i dont think im going to keep it. id like to go new as my last several guitars have been used. i dont want one with active routes as the BKP is going in and i dont really want to buy the adapter mounting rings. i want better than entry level but i want something that costs less than $1000. ill buy before playing, and i definitely do not want a trem. i think i wont go for an agile since they are all currently equipped with active housing sized pups. the xiphos 707fx i keep hearing is really neck heavy and that might really get on my nerves but im not totally decided against it. i am considering going as cheap as i can with either warmoth or carvin but id have to mod the cavity slightly to fit the BKP in the carvin. i looked at some jacksons and ibbys last night and didnt see anything that fit the bill besides one thing. the rg7321fm looked pretty hot but is that model still on ibbys entry level?

so really im down to a shecter c-7 standard/custom, ibby rg7321fm, xiphos707fx, or a cheap warmoth build. 25.5" scale length is fine. are there any other popular brands that i just totally overlooked?

ill check back for replies in a few days. going out of town to see creed

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Hey there ERI'ers, I've been looking into buying a 7 string for a while now, and after a little googling I'm looking at these:

Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez S7420
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 (green )
LTD MH417
LTD SC 607B

Any other recommendations as to what I should look into? I'm not afraid to save and spend on something more expensive, but I really wanna keep it at 27" scale length, for tension's sake. I've been thinking about some Carvins, but I haven't had the opportunity to play any of them... any other recommendations?
------

Shwiggity.
How about the Ibanez Apex 2, like mine, Jesse?

deftonesordie - Those are some really good guitars. You could also look into the Schecter Blackjack C-7 ATX and Loomis signature. Both are great.
Quote by deftonesordie
Hey there ERI'ers, I've been looking into buying a 7 string for a while now

Well if you wanna keep it 27'', ibby is gone, I believe the MH417 is 25.5'' as well. So it's basically Interceptor VS the SC, trem and price on the Agile side and shipping and lolpickup on the LTD side.

Personally I'm no LTD fan, so I'd go for the Agile.

(and it's not black)

VÅDIT also +1 to AG's post, schecters are always relevant.
first half of burl top went on 7420 today, fingers crossed i did it alright. Pics if i did. No pics if they're too embarassingly shoddy.

edit: shit, its cracked
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Sep 4, 2010,
Quote by Våd Hamster
Well if you wanna keep it 27'', ibby is gone, I believe the MH417 is 25.5'' as well. So it's basically Interceptor VS the SC, trem and price on the Agile side and shipping and lolpickup on the LTD side.

Personally I'm no LTD fan, so I'd go for the Agile.

(and it's not black)

VÅDIT also +1 to AG's post, schecters are always relevant.

Quote by AngryGoldfish
deftonesordie - Those are some really good guitars. You could also look into the Schecter Blackjack C-7 ATX and Loomis signature. Both are great.

For some reason I've had some apprehension towards the Schecters, but that may just be some bad tastes in my mouth from some of my buddies' schecters that I didn't particularily enjoy. I did notice that Loomis, and the ATX is kinda snazzy! I don't like the lack of tone knob/volume knobs on the Loomis though...

Yeah, after some spec digging I realized that the Ibby and MH were gonners... I've heard that the Centre pickup on the SC can get in the way of some people's picking hands... any experience from owners?
DEFTEDIT:

I've been fiending bareknuckles for a couple years now, and have looked into the cold sweats, nailbombs, warpigs and painkillers... (all in 7's) any recommendations/links to sound samples I can check out?
------

Shwiggity.
Last edited by deftonesordie at Sep 4, 2010,
Quote by deftonesordie
For some reason I've had some apprehension towards the Schecters, but that may just be some bad tastes in my mouth from some of my buddies' schecters that I didn't particularily enjoy. I did notice that Loomis, and the ATX is kinda snazzy! I don't like the lack of tone knob/volume knobs on the Loomis though...

Yeah, after some spec digging I realized that the Ibby and MH were gonners... I've heard that the Centre pickup on the SC can get in the way of some people's picking hands... any experience from owners?
DEFTEDIT:

I've been fiending bareknuckles for a couple years now, and have looked into the cold sweats, nailbombs, warpigs and painkillers... (all in 7's) any recommendations/links to sound samples I can check out?
I know exactly what you mean. Schecter, in my opinion, have made some duff guitars. I bought the Omen Extreme 7 a couple of years ago, when Schecter were a lot cheaper over this side of the ocean, and it was a poor instrument.

But the ATX and the Loomis are fantastic guitars. It's just unfortunate they are now so expensive over here. Some people are trying to sell the Loomis for £999, which is £200 too much if you ask me.

Regarding the SC607B. Yes, for some people the middle pick-up does get in the way, but only if you're a sloppy, heavy handed player.

Absent Mind has one and loves it. I almost bought it off him but decided to go for an Ibanez Apex instead. I regret it, really. I just didn't want another black guitar at the time. I don't care any more what colour it is.

Join the Bareknuckle forums. They're awesome over there and will try and help you out.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
... Absent Mind has one and loves it. I almost bought it off him but decided to go for an Ibanez Apex instead. I regret it, really. I just didn't want another black guitar at the time. I don't care any more what colour it is. ...
How much was Neil selling it? I know stuff can get ridinkulously expensive there.

I agree that the middle PU placement is a non-issue. It was similar to going from a Gibson SG (HH) to a Fender Strat (SSS), different but not a big deal.

Here are my 1st (L) and 4th (R) ... the 2nd and 3rd I sold/traded when I announced I was thinning the herd.

Green B7? not mine

^Mmmmhhh tasty pictures there. Love the green ESP.

Quote by SYLrules88
so really im down to a shecter c-7 standard/custom, ibby rg7321fm, xiphos707fx, or a cheap warmoth build. 25.5" scale length is fine. are there any other popular brands that i just totally overlooked?

ill check back for replies in a few days. going out of town to see creed

Dunno about the c-7 custom... BUT the C7 Blackjack ATX is really hawt... dunno if that,s out of budget for you though, but it is around the same price as the xiphos IIRC.

Dunno for the RG7321fm, but personally I wouldn't go for a 7321 cuz to me they're entry models.

I've already tried a Xiphos 7 and I don't know if the neck is really that heavy. I would say that what made it harder to play it was the ridiculously high action on the strings, but since people keep saying they're neck heavy, then I think it might have been that that bothered me...

Dunno about the Warmoth though, so I have nothin to say about it.

But maybe you could check the Agiles? There are tons of new guitars up for sale since the september production is done. I will get one myself. Other than that I don't know man... Ibby S series?

Quote by AngryGoldfish
I don't know. That's strange.

I seriously doubt you'll be unhappy with the Agile. I played an Interceptor Pro before and it was a great instrument, especially for the price. And yes, they are the best deals around, unless you count second-hand gear.

They should have no problem shipping to Canada as well. I bet they do it regularly.

I looked for second hand and there is really nothing interesting. There was an Ibby RG1570 I think, don't remember the model, but it was white with a maple fretboard, for 900USD, but then add shipping, currency conversion and VAT and you bust the 1100 CAD... And bolt on necks turn me off.
And you're right about shipping, there will be no problem, when I ordered my 8 strings, it was here within 4 business days.

So I'll be getting one soon

Frogdit: AAARRRHHH the hardshell case you MUST order with your guitar is currently out of stock so I cannot order it now... Ugh, I guess I'll e-mail Kurt to see what I can do
Last edited by Space frog at Sep 4, 2010,
These guys make some pretty cool guitars
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by deftonesordie
I've heard that the Centre pickup on the SC can get in the way of some people's picking hands... any experience from owners?
like AGF said I have one and I love it, its a really great guitar, and the middle pup doesnt get in the way of anything.

The Loomis is also a very nice guitar.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Im curious, i dont actually play a 7, im primarily a bass player, but i do dabble in guitar, but my guitarist in my band plays a 7 and is considering getting an 8, when he starts getting here is marshall gunna cut it with the low frequencies? Or should he start running through a bass amp? He doesnt have a UG account so i said il post for him...
That blackheart is a juicy amp that really takes well to pedals. my buddy picked up the matching 1/12. Great little amp!
------

Shwiggity.
Also depends on the amp saying Marshall doesnt really give enough description because lets face it, Marshall MGs cant even handle 6 strings...

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Yeah thats a point i should have gave abit more detail, he plays through a marshall 2466 Head and i think its a 1960bx cab... But i cant be sure on that... It seems to handle his 7 fine
Does anyone know of a 7 string that comes stock with piezo pickups other than the eemm jp7, Ibanez RG2027 or Ibanez RG CST?
Thanks
The Ibanez RG2127 but thats exactly the same as the RG2027 but produced a year later for the Japan market.

I dont think there are any others.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
The Ibanez RG2127 but thats exactly the same as the RG2027 but produced a year later for the Japan market.

I dont think there are any others.

Oh, thanks. Though I don't think it will be any easer to find than the 2027. Having any of these 4 guitars would be amazing, but theres always something in the way of getting them such as price and discontinuation.

I guess I will just continue to look on the net for a Ibby RG 2027 or 2127.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
One thing to point out though, the guy only has 2 posts, so I would probably ask him to put the guitar on ebay for security.

But yeah ss.org is brilliant for finding used 7s.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
One thing to point out though, the guy only has 2 posts, so I would probably ask him to put the guitar on ebay for security.

But yeah ss.org is brilliant for finding used 7s.

Thats a good idea, even if his post does seem sincere.

Once again thank you. You have saved me a lot of haste .