Guitar Expert... Please help.

I have Fender Squire Showmaster guitar ( with reverse head) and wanting to replace the neck with regular strat neck or maybe banana headstock neck from kramer. I just dont know how to install it since the bolts on the showmaster is different from the regular neck bolts. attached are the pics of my guitar.

Can i install standard strat necks on this or it has to be the showmaster.

Please let me know

Thank you
Attachments:
img3600c.jpg
img3607q.jpg
Quote by \m/snoogans\m/
get a neck that hasn't been drilled and drill your own holes to match the holes in the body. simple.

got it... do i need to modify it though or just drill it to match the holes?
to be a bit more detailed, you need to clamp the neck in the pocket and then string up the high and low E strings. You do this to make sure the neck is positioned correctly....the E's need to be equal distance from their respective fretboard edges. If not, loosen clamp just enough to allow you to shift the neck a hair. Once everything is lined up, mark the holes on the neck and use a drill press to drill the pilot holes in the neck.

BTW, you can use a used neck. Just drill and dowel the old holes and then preceed as above.
Quote by webwarmiller
to be a bit more detailed, you need to clamp the neck in the pocket and then string up the high and low E strings. You do this to make sure the neck is positioned correctly....the E's need to be equal distance from their respective fretboard edges. If not, loosen clamp just enough to allow you to shift the neck a hair. Once everything is lined up, mark the holes on the neck and use a drill press to drill the pilot holes in the neck.

BTW, you can use a used neck. Just drill and dowel the old holes and then preceed as above.

Thank you... can't wait to project this...