looks like im gettin a vypyr 75 watt. It says you can record with it. Since i have a mac i have garage band. Do you use that program for recording or do you have to get a different program.
Always Rock!
is garageband a decent program for recording? Im going to be recording metal stuff (kind of like A7X style) or is there a better program i should look into?
Always Rock!
I own a Vypyr 30W and I usually record using Reaper.
But I'm thinking about getting a microphone since I don't like the tone it gets from direct recordings.
Just a thought.
Quote by s12k17
is garageband a decent program for recording? Im going to be recording metal stuff (kind of like A7X style) or is there a better program i should look into?

Its a great programme for recording, its very simple and easy to use but it has is limitations, great app to learn the basics before getting a full saw like logic/pro tools etc

Quote by amiguels
I own a Vypyr 30W and I usually record using Reaper.
But I'm thinking about getting a microphone since I don't like the tone it gets from direct recordings.
Just a thought.

I've heard a tip to use impulse responses with the vypyr plugged in to help your tone, I've only ever used the line in once and was immediately put off, I'll try it and let you now if it works
If you're to record directly without mic, it would be nice to use some software that supports VST plugins like reaper or cubase etc (cubase LE is often included with EMU sound cards etc). Relatively good sound card is also must have, because audigy or on-board have to bad converters and that results with big sound quality degradation at soundcard input.
When you've recorded your tracks in some software that supports VST, there are several very useful amp/cabinet simulators like Guitar Rig or Voxengo Boogex (free) and GSuite (free).
Without cabinet simulator and some decent equing and compression in your recording software you cannot go further than lo-quality home-made demo, because today every kid can record better demo than people recorded 20 years ago.
you can record with a vypyr 30?? i thought it was 60watts and up only had recording.
Always Rock!