I was wondering what would sound good on my acoustic guitar. Usually people say elixirs, but I'm not sure with the wood type and all. I want an in between with mellow and bright sound. more towards the mellow area, but i don't want it to be too mellow. I have a Washburn D100DL Acoustic Guitar.

Top/back/sides = mahogany
fingerboard and bridge = rosewood

Any suggestions for the kind of strings I should get, I can play barre chords perfectly fine with nanoweb strings, unless it gets to the top of the fretboard, middle is where my barre chords are best. I don't use a pick, I use my fingernail. Usually I have no problem playing barre chords at the top of the fretboard when I have polyweb strings, Just looking for some other options on strings, seeing if I can get the sound that I want. Thank you for the suggestions, comments, etc.
Elixir have recently released Phosphor Bronze Nanowebs.

So they would be mellower, but not so mellow as uncoated strings.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I use D'Addario strings and I like them a lot. I put .11 gauges on my acoustic and it has a mellow/bright sound.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I use D'addario Light , They're awsome .. Well in my opinion lol.

Best thing you can do... Try string's till you get one that fit you.
I think Cleartones are a good alternative to Elixirs and, in my opinion, have a better sound/feel to them. I use DR Sunbeam .12s, but they have a very mellow tone to them.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
I alternate between D'Addario EXP Lights and Ernie Ball Earthwood Extra lights.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!