do these exist, i found an ad for one and the picture shows a bright red three mini bucker firebird with maestro vibrato but i dont know if epi manufactured this and if its a gibby i wanna jump on it any info would help
There have been both Gibson and Epiphone Firebirds made in a red finish with three pickups and maestro tailpieces. Just look at the headstock, the truss rod cover says which brand made which. The pickups are also different; the Gibson version sued replica Firebird pickups while the Epiphone version uses generic mini humbuckers. However these look the same from the outside so there's no way to tell form the pickups which is which, at least not without playing the guitar.

It's worth thinking carefully whether you like the tone of the third mini humbucker though. With the Firebirds that both Gibson and Epiphone made with three mini humbuckers, the middle pickup is always on (switching is bridge & middle/all three/neck & middle). This provides a very thick and frankly rather muddy tone. With regular humbuckers or single coil pickups this isn't so much of a problem because you can easily swap the middle pickup out for a different pickup to create unique tones, but since so few replacement mini humbuckers are made - and almost all of them are made to replicate the same original mini humucker tone - you can't get as many variations.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
There have been both Gibson and Epiphone Firebirds made in a red finish with three pickups and maestro tailpieces. Just look at the headstock, the truss rod cover says which brand made which. The pickups are also different; the Gibson version sued replica Firebird pickups while the Epiphone version uses generic mini humbuckers. However these look the same from the outside so there's no way to tell form the pickups which is which, at least not without playing the guitar.

It's worth thinking carefully whether you like the tone of the third mini humbucker though. With the Firebirds that both Gibson and Epiphone made with three mini humbuckers, the middle pickup is always on (switching is bridge & middle/all three/neck & middle). This provides a very thick and frankly rather muddy tone. With regular humbuckers or single coil pickups this isn't so much of a problem because you can easily swap the middle pickup out for a different pickup to create unique tones, but since so few replacement mini humbuckers are made - and almost all of them are made to replicate the same original mini humucker tone - you can't get as many variations.

i think they also have 3 volumes (one for each pickup) and a master tone instead of the usual 2 vol/2 tone setup, and that allows you to turn the middle pickup off... well i dunno if that's how they do it with firebirds but that's the way it's wired on the SG custom and les paul black beauty models.

if it's listed as an epiphone, the one thing you can be sure of is that it's not going to be a gibson. why would anyone try to trick you into paying less than what they are selling is worth?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
With the Firebird it's a 2 volume/2 Tone set up with the neck volume and tone also effecting the middle pickup. At least that's how it's listed, both in shops and by Epiphone. That said, shops are frequently wrong and Epiphone half-arse their site and their press releases, so I'll admit I'm not 100% sure.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i investigated and it was indeed an epi, and as far as the muddiness of three pups goes i tinker with guitars and could have easily remedied any perceived issue.