Hi, I have had a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 401 for about a week now. I play it for about 7 hours a week and recently its not receiving any signal. It powers up fine and all of the tubes glow as they would, but when I play nothing comes out of the amp. What should I do?!
check the signal chain, then check the preamp and power tubes. and make sure the volumes are up on the guitar, if you are using any pedals remove them and try it direct with the guitar and make sure if you are using a effects loop the cables are the right way round.
Quote by stykerwolf
Apart from the obvious...

Retube? did any of your tubes get a red plate?

Sorry I'm a noob what does that mean?

I'll probablys check the tubes in the morning.
The tubes glow red.

Also check to make sure the speaker didn't come unplugged.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It's possible. Did you check to make sure the speaker tabs or cable hadn't come loose?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I checked that yeah. I rang up the place I got it from and they said it could be the HT fuse?
Power valve failure is a common reason for the HT fuse to blow. Fuses dont tend to just blow for no reason.

Try a new fuse, if it works, cool, if it blows again, take it to a tech, ask them to go over it and determine wether new valves are needed.

Valves should be covered for a few months under warranty.
Quote by beckyjc
Power valve failure is a common reason for the HT fuse to blow. Fuses dont tend to just blow for no reason.

Try a new fuse, if it works, cool, if it blows again, take it to a tech, ask them to go over it and determine wether new valves are needed.

Valves should be covered for a few months under warranty.

I'm sorry but that's bad advice. Fuses don't just blow, there is a reason behind it. You should never just replace a blown fuse without properly examining the amp first.
^ That's what Becky said.

"Power valve failure is a common reason for the HT fuse to blow. Fuses dont tend to just blow for no reason."

Granted her last sentence contained a double negative so maybe that caused confusion.

In this case, because Zachy's power tubes light up orange I think we can safely say that it is not the HT fuse or the mains fuse. Now, if there are other fuses in this amp that I am not aware of that is a different story.

Zachy, did you tell your store that the tubes light up fine?

At this point I'm going to have to say it is either your guitar, a cable, insert jack, or solder joint (connection) inside the amp. Please please please double check your guitar volume controls, jacks, etc. Try another guitar in your amp and try your guitar in a different amp. Maybe you had a pickup go poof.

Otherwise, take it into a tech as mentioned.

Will - I do agree that replacing fuses in the power section without determining cause can lead to more trouble.