If I dive too far, will I break it?
If not, can you break it by diving with your whammy bar really really fast with max pressure?

Or will it just hit the guitar outside and you won't be able to press any farther?
I'm pretty sure if you try to force it beyond it's limits you can damage the bridge.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
I've seen people lift guitars up by their whammy bars, so I'd assume that you'd have to be trying pretty hard to break it. Oh, and diving that far would probably not be musical.

(Actually, I've had a string pop out whilst pulling up, but that was only because I didn't tighten the screw enough.)
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
I can see maybe something happening to a spring, but unlikely, or maybe if you're doing it really fast. But to do what I have in my mind, you'd have to be beyond super-strength.

So unless you're also entering Mr. Universe, dive away.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
About the only thing that can happen is you slam the bar into the guitar and dent it. There is an outside chance shit can break but that is more from stress or normal use not dive bombing. Springs,spring claw,saddle blocks and even the bar can all break.It is not common just a possibility. So,relax and wank on the wang bar all you want if people do not like it remember they can just bend over and spell run.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
if you have a low end guitar wit a cheap floyd then yeah you can break it fairly easy. the bar itself usually breaks with to much force. something not mentioned so far is the studs that hold the trem in place. to much force can pull these loose. the saddles on the cheapies can pull loose as well. honestly there really isn't any need to abuse the trem to get results.
Yes. My friend was playing and he hit his whammy bar to show me how it worked. The spring claw broke and the entire trem fell out of his guitar.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

It depends on what you do with it. If you try to pull it up when it is clearly reaching its limit, there will be damage.
Quote by TMF128
It depends on what you do with it. If you try to pull it up when it is clearly reaching its limit, there will be damage.

How do you know it's reached it's limit? I've never gone that far, maybe I've bent up a tone or a 'tone and a semitone' together at most. I want to do some nice divebombs, and now that I can emulate the sound that i want... all that is left is finding out how far I can go without busting it up.
Anything can break. Especially something that's holding as much tension as an FR. It probably won't break unless you are seriously trying to break it, but it may, so be careful. I've seen the actual bar break, I've seen the housing bar sits in break, so it's definitely possible. Just don't overdo things. There's fine line between stage presence and douche-baggery...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by TheChosen1One
How do you know it's reached it's limit? I've never gone that far, maybe I've bent up a tone or a 'tone and a semitone' together at most. I want to do some nice divebombs, and now that I can emulate the sound that i want... all that is left is finding out how far I can go without busting it up.

If your pulling it up, and it is starting to get really hard to keep pulling, that means it reached its limit.
it cant dive low enough to hurt the springs... unless you've got like 4 springs in it... which is dumb and could definitely damage the bar assembly. Pulling a squeal i guess you cold break a string, or mess up one of the little blocks in the fine tuners if its not well maintained. If you take care of your FR you cant really hurt it... believe me
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
I don't use my Floyd Rose that much, and I not hard on it, and mine in just as good condition as it was the day I bought it. I can see somebody being real hard on it and breaking, but they are pretty tough. Also, I remember I pulled my Floyd all the way back to where it wouldn't go any farther, the fine tuners were hitting the guitar. I only did it once, but it didn't hurt anything. I don't recommend doing it very much though.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
yeah. i pratically ripped mine out of my bc rich, and it was a pain in the ASS to get it back in.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.