Well despite our arguement on where to resolve and the quirks of my genre, I'm going to be a bigger man and return the crit for you.

Consider this a reservation, until I can download you're song and give it the crit it deserves.
Quote by Of_Wolves
Well despite our arguement on where to resolve and the quirks of my genre, I'm going to be a bigger man and return the crit for you.

Consider this a reservation, until I can download you're song and give it the crit it deserves.

Thats ok, sorry about that. I misread your post by ONE word... which caused some shit on my behalf
Musical Theatre! *jazz hands*

...what am I doing on this site...
No problem

Anyway, I love the sound of those blue-ish notes throughout this, definitely adds that little extra twist making it something more than just a regular old Rock song. I'm must say you have succeeded in creating the catchiest tune about "the orange crew" I've heard to date. Its going to be in my head for a while!

At first I thought the chorus was a jarring leap for my ears from the verse in terms of tonality, but you know what? it doesn't matter in the slightest! It kind of grows on you after a while.

A solid cheesy song [in a good way of course]. Not QUITE my style, but then I'll listen to anything so what does it matter?

Nice one.
Quote by Of_Wolves
No problem

Anyway, I love the sound of those blue-ish notes throughout this, definitely adds that little extra twist making it something more than just a regular old Rock song. I'm must say you have succeeded in creating the catchiest tune about "the orange crew" I've heard to date. Its going to be in my head for a while!

At first I thought the chorus was a jarring leap for my ears from the verse in terms of tonality, but you know what? it doesn't matter in the slightest! It kind of grows on you after a while.

A solid cheesy song [in a good way of course]. Not QUITE my style, but then I'll listen to anything so what does it matter?

Nice one.

Thanks, i wrote this with the intent of it being my "single" song after listening to "Centerfold" by J.Geils Band. Its happier than the rock songs i normally write.

Last edited by MetaIronForce at Aug 31, 2010,
On the whole I feel it's quite good. I don't have much to comment on as it all works well. However, I think the song does seem to be a bit too long. I thought Bridge 3 was a bit unnecessary, and the piece could probably work just as well going straight from the chorus into the second solo.

Everything else is great though, well done.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Critting as I listen.

Wow, I really like the opening piano part and it sounds great when the guitar comes in. I liked the very subtle changes in the rhythm chords.
The vocals sound kind of funky, in a good way.

The percussion in the chorus just makes it and the Chorus has this really nice chili-peppers like sound, really good The keyboard is kind of loud, though.

The bridge was kind of weird, but still good.
It seemed kind of odd coming back to the main riff in the style that it did, it could have gone straight to the second verse but I'm not complaining. It all sounds good, and back to the pre-chorus.

It almost sounds like a guitar lick on the keyboard in the chorus, but it's still good.

Get rid of the keyboard slides :P
The solo didn't really climax :/
Sounded good getting the keyboard back, straight into the chorus. Maybe add more drum emphasis on the last chorus?
SLIDES > : (
The bridge riff on the guitar was cool, loving the blue notes in the solo.
Aww yeah.

Great way to finish the song, Guitar Pro doesn't do it justice.

Great song.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by WyvernOmega
Critting as I listen.

Wow, I really like the opening piano part and it sounds great when the guitar comes in. I liked the very subtle changes in the rhythm chords.
The vocals sound kind of funky, in a good way.

The percussion in the chorus just makes it and the Chorus has this really nice chili-peppers like sound, really good The keyboard is kind of loud, though.

The bridge was kind of weird, but still good.
It seemed kind of odd coming back to the main riff in the style that it did, it could have gone straight to the second verse but I'm not complaining. It all sounds good, and back to the pre-chorus.

It almost sounds like a guitar lick on the keyboard in the chorus, but it's still good.

Get rid of the keyboard slides :P
The solo didn't really climax :/
Sounded good getting the keyboard back, straight into the chorus. Maybe add more drum emphasis on the last chorus?
SLIDES > : (
The bridge riff on the guitar was cool, loving the blue notes in the solo.
Aww yeah.

Great way to finish the song, Guitar Pro doesn't do it justice.

Great song.

The keyboard sounds a bit like a guitar because on my GP5, midi tracks lag behind RSE tracks and its really annoying because I like putting keyboard tracks in my songs and I'm severly limited until I can get it fixed. Unless there's RSE for keyboards?

Quote by MetaIronForce
The keyboard sounds a bit like a guitar because on my GP5, midi tracks lag behind RSE tracks and its really annoying because I like putting keyboard tracks in my songs and I'm severly limited until I can get it fixed. Unless there's RSE for keyboards?

I'm fairly sure there is somewhere. but then again I never use RSE so I can't be 100% sure
Quote by Of_Wolves
I'm fairly sure there is somewhere. but then again I never use RSE so I can't be 100% sure

I just found it out actually. You change the latency of the midi outputs which makes them play on time. I'll get a new version of this song up soon with midi keyboard

EDIT: New Dl link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9731723/Fake%20Tan%20and%20Faker%20Hair.gp5

I originally wanted the sound as a rock organ, but that put it too low, tried hammond organ, made it too high. So I settled on this pianoish sound. I got rid of the slides as well and changed the end of the first solo. Also changed he vocal tracks to midi instruments.

Last edited by MetaIronForce at Sep 2, 2010,
C4C from Asunder:
Well I'll start off by commenting on the existance of lyrics which is pretty cool, the playful lyrics are pretty cute too.
Textbook happy rock tune, but just from that you know it's good to listen to. I can really see it being something that a lot of people could laugh 'with' at a live show. the licks with the one note per bar with a bend into that note keep it from being too repetitive. 53's lick sounded cool. I think I liked all the bridges as well as every time i got to hear a piano slide or whatever it's called. 77 seemed a little bit off but not badly so. 2A was pretty simple and cool but I really liked the speed up right before the end in 2B. for what it was I'll say 7.7 with kudos for actually having lyrics placed and everything lol.
Quote by D-Saster
C4C from Asunder:
Well I'll start off by commenting on the existance of lyrics which is pretty cool, the playful lyrics are pretty cute too.
Textbook happy rock tune, but just from that you know it's good to listen to. I can really see it being something that a lot of people could laugh 'with' at a live show. the licks with the one note per bar with a bend into that note keep it from being too repetitive. 53's lick sounded cool. I think I liked all the bridges as well as every time i got to hear a piano slide or whatever it's called. 77 seemed a little bit off but not badly so. 2A was pretty simple and cool but I really liked the speed up right before the end in 2B. for what it was I'll say 7.7 with kudos for actually having lyrics placed and everything lol.

are you listening to the updated version with 'Honky Tonk Piano' instead of an RSE? Or are you listening to the old version. On the new version, Solo 1 ends in a trill and then a chord slide.

Critting as I listen.
Liking the intro, gives a bit of a Journey vibe, who I love.
I really like the 2nd guitar on the pre chorus, it adds to the sound very well.
The chorus is really growing on me. the 2nd time around its getting stuck in my head.
I like the lyrics, I dunno what it is about them, I just do.
the solos are good too, not wanky like mine

One thing though, the keys sound a little forced to me, but it might just be the midi.

Overall though, really good song, Its stuck in my head which is a good thing!
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Returning the crit:

Not really my style, I'll say first off. That said? I found the lyrics to be extremely true, and I really liked that. They had a nice witty style to them.

The music itself was fun, upbeat, light... No real issues with it. It was all really well executed straight bluesy rock.

The vocal melody did get a bit repetitive, though. Perhaps it was just a bit loud for my taste though in places. Like the chorus. I felt like the vocals could be quieter, and the drums could be louder throughout, actually.

The solos were short and sweet, well done. I also like how they built up. The first one sorta reserved, but good, the last one builds and lets loose a bit more. Although, I do think Solo 2A would be better with some sweet swing to it. I dunno, just like bluesy, jazzy swing. As it is, it just... lacks feeling.

Finally, I think chorus 4 needs a modulation in the melody. Shift it up a few steps [like a fourth or a fifth] or something, or change the key, to make it sound a bit different. It'd make it feel like the song went somewhere.

My two cents. Not bad overall, if not my taste.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"