How do you guys feel about the new trend of sharing your location on facebook and other sites?? I think this the first big step in total loss of privacy and within the next ten years privacy wont exist. Do any of you actually care where everyone is everyday? The only people I think who would care are like spouses. discuss.
It's not really that smart. I guess it could be cool if you are going to visit somebody who lives pretty far and they can see how close you are to getting to their place, but even then.

And, as far as I know things exist where you can find out where pretty much anybody lives as well as get a picture of their house.

But yeah, people should be a bit more careful on facebook.
Quote by Dirge Humani

Jersey Shore!!!!!!!!

Also this could be used for child molestation, rape, murder, and several other crimes.
A/s/l Ts?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
You're currently hooked up to the net. Privacy lost. Although if anyone knew what a public library was than we'd all be in real trouble.
I don't update my location. The location on the site is actually 4 locations back.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
If you want to brag that you're at like Madison Square Garden or the Super Bowl, then what's the big deal?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by derpdragon
You're currently hooked up to the net. Privacy lost. Although if anyone knew what a public library was than we'd all be in real trouble.

I don't get what you're trying to say here.
Quote by BloodyPaperclip
I don't get what you're trying to say here.

Simple theres no need to share your location because if someone really wants to know it they can either track you're IP address and/or look up you're name in the local libraries pubic records, assuming they live in the same state as you.
Quote by derpdragon
Simple theres no need to share your location because if someone really wants to know it they can either track you're IP address and/or look up you're name in the local libraries pubic records, assuming they live in the same state as you.

I never tell people where I live. Damn stalker.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
I never tell people where I live. Damn stalker.

It's a hobby.
why not just tell them your address?
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by derpdragon
It's a hobby.

I actually had this girl follow me home. Worst 2 months of freshman year.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
It's not like it really matters. If I really wanted to know where someone was, I'd just freaking ask them. Ya know, on the phone. This assumes I have their phone number; and only my friends, relatives, etc. give their phone numbers. It ain't like I go around asking random people, "Hey, can I have your phone number?" I ain't like this guy's shirt:

(Invalid img)
Quote by BloodyPaperclip
I think this the first big step in total loss of privacy and within the next ten years privacy wont exist.

Watch fox news moar bro.

It's your choice whether or not you tell people where you are. If you don't want people knowing where you are, then don't tell them. Better yet, delete your facebook.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Watch fox news moar bro.

It's your choice whether or not you tell people where you are. If you don't want people knowing where you are, then don't tell them. Better yet, delete your facebook.

I still have mine. But I rarely go on anymore. I really don't see the hype in Facebook.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by derpdragon

Pubic records???
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams