Ok, so this isn't exactly a "guitar " question, but I'm not sure where else to ask. Is there a specific mic I should use for recording screaming/growling vocals?
Last edited by Ginsu at Aug 30, 2010,
There are no set mics for anything, but for screaming vocals you probably want a harsh sound, so a dynamic mic would probably suit you better than a condenser. I'd recommend a Shure SM57, they're pretty cheap and great for miking guitar cabs if you want to use it for that.

Also, there is a Recording & Riffs section for questions like this.
Last edited by littlephil at Aug 30, 2010,
look into a dynamic mic.
for a dynamic mic, the best choices you have is the shure sm58

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I