Page 1 of 2
Why are there school? Is there a point to it?

Questions like these make me want to cry.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
no i dont tink it shuld b
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
Quote by koalaking14
do you like school? should it be really compulsary?
Yes.

stratkat
You hear that? that's the sound of 194 guests banging their heads against their desk.
Quote by koalaking14

Based on the glaring grammatical and spelling errors found in this post, I'd say so.

To answer the questions though...
Do I like school? Yes
Should it be really compulsory? As opposed to only kinda compulsory?
Should it really be compulsory? Yes
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Aug 30, 2010,
Quote by justinb904
Based on the glaring grammatical and spelling errors found in this post, I'd say so.

That and stuff.

Yes, I think you shouldn't be able to drop out. We have a lot of stupid people because of that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
**** THE GOVERNTMENT!!!
FTG!!

yeah **** school its gay you dont need to go its just a pile shit down with the system down dogggg yeh while in school i could be smoking a bong or doing cocaine yeh

FTG!
Quote by justinb904

mate r u retaded or something u bloody nerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by D3adly Wingz
**** THE GOVERNTMENT!!!
FTG!!

yeah **** school its gay you dont need to go its just a pile shit down with the system down dogggg yeh while in school i could be smoking a bong or doing cocaine yeh

FTG!

I seriously hope you're joking.
Quote by koalaking14
Mate are you retarded or something? You bloody nerd.

Fixed.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Aug 30, 2010,
Quote by D3adly Wingz
**** THE GOVERNTMENT!!!
FTG!!

FTG!
For the gay?

stratkat
I personally don't like high school but I can at least comprehend the fact that it helps make you a well-rounded individual before you choose to go out into the real world or college.

I just wish I didn't have to go through completely irrelevant bullshit courses to get to something I'm interested in.
Fucking schools, how do they work?
^ was said while intoxicated, so don't hold it against me.

98% of teens have been around or used alcohol, put this in your signature if you like bagels.
Quote by Gorelord666
I seriously hope you're joking.

Fixed.

well guess what im not. stupid school
Quote by koalaking14

No. I just want a good education so I can get a job as an electrical engineer and make tonnes of money because I'm just a greedy capitalist pig like that.

Also, nerd and retarded are somewhat contradictory.

Quote by D3adly Wingz
**** THE GOVERNTMENT!!!
FTG!!

FTG!

Anarchy FTW
let's all quit school, stop paying our taxes and smoke, shoot or snort our ways into drug induced comas
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Quote by D3adly Wingz

To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by koalaking14

Considering your date of birth is December 31, 1969; I'll need to ask what school you are attending and why you are still there.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by justinb904
No. I just want a good education so I can get a job as an electrical engineer and make tonnes of money because I'm just a greedy capitalist pig like that.

Also, nerd and retarded are somewhat contradictory.

WHATS WRONG WIF U
The groundwork that basic schooling provides is compulsory for a good reason. Unless, you really are gunning for that burger flipping job at McDonalds.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by koalaking14
WHATS WRONG WIF U

Does not compute... use English next time.

Quote by Kivarenn82
The groundwork that basic schooling provides is compulsory for a good reason. Unless, you really are gunning for that burger flipping job at McDonalds.

you have to properly hone your skills at frying the Mystery McNuggets and properly salting the death fries long before they endow you with the almighty spatula.
/QUOTE]
Lol.

Higher education should also be made more affordable... It is costing me a fortune to learn and Wikipedia teaches me most of what I am taking in class.
I don't like it, but the world would be in the toilet without it.

So stay.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by justinb904
/QUOTE]
Lol.

Higher education should also be made more affordable... It is costing me a fortune to learn and Wikipedia teaches me most of what I am taking in class.

Quite definitely. $2000 disappeared from my bank account because of this semester's tuition. I just have to keep reminding myself that the $60,000 a year average starting pay is worth the sacrifice now.
Quote by koalaking14

Quote by D3adly Wingz

And this, children, is the reason school is mandatory.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
I dropped out when I was a sophmoar in highschool, got my GED a few weeks later, and haven't looked back since. I do miss the highschool girls, they where pretty good looking for 16 year olds.

I also plan on going back to school, for guitar construction and mayba take a class in small electronics too. I think intelligence is a natural thing, that you must exercise in order for it to work properly, but all that really takes, like playing guitar, is a half-hour a day at least. After that you can sit around and e an intelligent dumbass.

Then again, I define intelligence as ones ability to differentiate truth from deceit, and ones ability to comprehend massive ideas.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Dropping out is the biggest regrets I have of my short life. Only for the social aspect though. It's a lot faster and makes more sence to just get your GED though
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by Putrefaction
Dropping out is the biggest regrets I have of my short life. Only for the social aspect though. It's a lot faster and makes more sence to just get your GED though

Actually i missed on out a lot by dropping out of high school and getting my GED. I think the GED tests went up to a 10th grade level, theres still two years missing there. I took a pre-test to get into a community college here and boy did i learn that those two years i missed out on was a lot
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
I wish school wasn't compulsory only because it would encourage them to actually IMPROVE the schools.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Yes, I think you shouldn't be able to drop out. We have a lot of stupid people because of that.

Eh. By 17 you can make your own decisions. If you want to be stupid and drop out, you should be able to go ahead and do so. Natural Selection can work more efficiently that way.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by gacharya
Eh. By 17 you can make your own decisions. If you want to be stupid and drop out, you should be able to go ahead and do so. Natural Selection can work more efficiently that way.

While that would be nice, here's what really happens:

Dumb-ass drops out of school, then seems surprised when he can't get a job. Dumb-ass then asks government for money because he can't pay his rent. Democrats argue that it's unethical to not give this poor dumb-ass some money. The government doesn't have enough money, so they tax me. Now dumb-ass hurt himself, can't pay medical bills because he doesn't have insurance. Democrats fight to give him insurance. I get to pay for it. Dumb-ass has contributed nothing to society, but he manages to snag himself a felony, now our tax dollars get to pay for his seat in prison. You see where I'm going with this???
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
1s i went 2 skool n h8ed it so i was like fuk this n left now i jus smok all day its gr8
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Im going to be honest and say that I have actually been considering dropping out and getting a GED.

Do employers look at you any differently if you don't have a "traditional" diploma?

Also, can you just attend a two year college and then transfer to a four year as normal with a GED?
Please stay in school. I dropped out and became a joiner. Do you want to wake up at 4am to work on scaffolding, with no intention of being promoted, in your entire life?
Quote by JacobTheMe
Im going to be honest and say that I have actually been considering dropping out and getting a GED.

Do employers look at you any differently if you don't have a "traditional" diploma?

Also, can you just attend a two year college and then transfer to a four year as normal with a GED?

Stay in school and perform well. Graduate with your class. Go to a four-year if you gain admission to a school you like and if you can afford it. If you can't, go to a Community College and transfer to a four-year. Get your bachelors in a subject that you enjoy. Everyone enjoys something or the other. Dedicate a couple of years or more to your field of study and save up a little money. Take things from there and figure out your short-term and long-term goals.

That's darkstar's advice for the highschooler.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I don't see much point in it past a certain point. It also depends on the person (plenty of people who got all the way through school are still complete morons). I'm going into Junior year of High School, and by this point, I'm not learning any useful life skills anymore, such as reading and writing, except for math, and my music classes. The rest is just read a book, write about it, or learn some history you'll forget over the summer. The only useful classes are electives.

Really, the only reason I'm actually staying in school, and will go to college, is because it's the thing employers will judge you on, so if you drop out, you'll most likely be stuck with a crappy job. The say you're learning useful information to help you in life, but really, it's just to judge how well you follow directions so future employers can decide whether or not to hire you.

EDIT: darkstar's advice seems pretty good, take it.
Quote by darkstar2466
Stay in school and perform well. Graduate with your class. Go to a four-year if you gain admission to a school you like and if you can afford it. If you can't, go to a Community College and transfer to a four-year. Get your bachelors in a subject that you enjoy. Everyone enjoys something or the other. Dedicate a couple of years or more to your field of study and save up a little money. Take things from there and figure out your short-term and long-term goals.

That's darkstar's advice for the highschooler.

Thanks Dad.

I am going to a community college. There is no way I could afford a four year.

But if university is the only thing that matters, why should I waste my time in high school? I could have a GED in a month if I wanted to. Then I could graduate from a two year by the time the rest of my age group is just getting out of high school. I'll be able to transfer to a four year then.

I am sure that there is something that I am not getting, but the GED just seems so much quicker and more convenient.
Page 1 of 2