http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1928169317.html

Would this be a smart purchase? the guy doesnt know the model, but he said the two pieces still match up perfectly, and i've fixed 2 broken headstocks so it something i wouldnt mind trying. Does anyone know anything about older blueridge models? i havent found much on them.
well, if you can fix it, i think $50 would be good for that guitar
that being said, there will probably be grafting involved, and if you use the wrong glue, it can chance the sound of the guitar. there's also a lot of pressure in that area, and you'd need to splint it, and know how. this isn't a beginner job, nor a job for someone without a working knowledge of wood tools and wood working.
Quote by patticake
that being said, there will probably be grafting involved, and if you use the wrong glue, it can chance the sound of the guitar. there's also a lot of pressure in that area, and you'd need to splint it, and know how. this isn't a beginner job, nor a job for someone without a working knowledge of wood tools and wood working.

well i've done 2 repairs like this and both turned out perfectly fine, so i'm pretty comfortable with it. it probably wouldnt have too much of an effect on the guitar though soundwise.
if you've done this repair before, then why not go for it? after all, if you have the tools, it's only gonna cost you a whopping fifty bucks.