|----------------------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------12h14p12----------|
|----------------------12h14p12h14----------14p12h14-|
|----------12h14p12h14-------------------------------|
|-15p12h15-------------------------------------------|
The above bit is played very quickly and I'm wondering a couple of things:

1) In your opinion, would it be easier to barre the 12th fret? Or just keep my index finger moving?

2) There are obviously a lot of hammer-ons/pull-offs; I'm only picking the first note for each part (15p12h15 for example, I'd pick 15 then play the remaining notes with HO/POs), right?
This is probably a dumb question, but every time I see someone play this the notes all ring so loud and clear it's as if they're not even hammering on/pulling off. Of course, maybe this is because they're doing it much quicker than I am capable of.
I would barre the 12th. as for the volume issue, they might be using a compressor.
Dont barre! watch any good player do a fast passage that you think you can barre. It does not help because it makes your other fingers harder to move quickly. It is not proper technique
1 - I would feel awkward barring that whole figure. I'd keep the index finger moving (that's just me)
2 - that's usually how you want hammers and pulls to sound. loud and clear. Strong technique in this area gives you that seemless effect. (Trill exercises will help a lot)
Quote by big muff pedal
2) There are obviously a lot of hammer-ons/pull-offs; I'm only picking the first note for each part (15p12h15 for example, I'd pick 15 then play the remaining notes with HO/POs), right?
This is probably a dumb question, but every time I see someone play this the notes all ring so loud and clear it's as if they're not even hammering on/pulling off. Of course, maybe this is because they're doing it much quicker than I am capable of.

The speed shouldn't matter, your legato should be strong and clear at any tempo.

Slow down a whole lot and take a look at your technique, I suspect that's the real problem here.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.